Part 1

It's been weeks since we've --I've moved in to this two- story old house that obviously contains old things. I know that I should appreciate what my grandma left before she went up but ... well, I think I should thank her. But still, this house is too old for my age.

For a 16 year old girl, staying in this old antique house would probably kill her to death -- kill me to death. This is not the typical house that I wanted to live in. This is a boring house that doesn't have anything connected with the current generation.

I woke up in my new room, everything around me are old. I know, I'm supposed to appreciate everything since I'm fun with arts. But this is so killing me. My bed is old, my bed side table is old, even my cabinet, with these carved flowers all over it, my window pane is also old which also includes my door that creaks whenever the wind passed it up. Everything around me is left with time which also makes me feel like an old woman left with time.

I will not take this as a serious punishment for a little rebel girl like me. I'm not that rebel, it's just that I hate people who tease me for being kind of weirdo, I mean, nothing's wrong if you like being alone and stick your nose with this sketchpad. I just push them to the stairs, pour insects on their locker, and put glue on their chairs. Haha. That's fun actually and it's not a very big deal. But I guess, I don't have any choice, this is where I'm going to live the rest of my life. But somehow this place is not that bad for an artistic girl which is me. There's a garden outside, different plants everywhere which includes roses in red and white and different patches, there's a single patch of orange tulip, bougainvillea that formed an arc of flowers. The woods ahead were not that far and somehow have a very fine view that I might draw.

 I got off my bed and fixed myself. Having a pale skin with dark brown eyes and reddish brown hair makes me normal and I really am. I changed to my gray tank top and a khaki shorts just exactly end below my knees. I like mixing girl and boy stuffs. I ran down immediately and went to the dining room. I can smell the pork tocino that my Aunt is cooking. My Aunt is in the kitchen cooking my breakfast, which is not my thing. Just in time she arrived with 2 plates in both of her hands, each contains rice, tocino (just what I thought), and sunny side up and lastly, a banana. This is totally not my thing, I mostly prefer having milk and a biscuit and would be enough. But since I don't have any choice because my aunt is in charge for my so called "detention" to change my rude attitude. I mean, rude attitude? Really? My parents let me stopped studying since I've been causing troubles lately.

"Tiffany, Good Morning!" My Aunt Marie greeted me brightly with such a big grin.

"Good Morning." I replied with mock happiness and faked a smile.

"I prepared you breakfast and I hope you'll like."

"Milk would be enough." I said as I stare at this plate full of foods for my lunch meal but now am my breakfast meal that obviously breaks my habit. I looked at her and she gave me a don't-ignore-my-effort-look that convinces me to eat whatever she prepared. I started to stab the tocino with the fork and she grins at me.

"I'll add milk." She ran to the kitchen.

The house was silent and all I wanted to do is stay out of it. Aunt Marie returned with a glass of milk in her hand.

"Here's your milk." She said gracefully. I don't know how she lives her life with such energy and being optimistic.

The silence occurred as we started our meal. There's only the two of us on the table an no one else.

"So what are your plans today?" Aunt Marie broke the silence first.

"I want to stay out because I don't have anything to do here." I replied as I drank my milk up.

" Why do you want to stay out?"

"I just want to have fun. I can do drawing though."

"You can draw me." Aunt Marie volunteered herself as one of my subject for drawings. I froze.

"I need something beautiful so that I can draw something that's also beautiful. No offense."

"Okay. You know that you can never leave the house."

"Aunt, just gonna stay by the garden, draw nature." I exaggeratedly waved my hands around.

"Still."

"So what? You want me to stay in this antique house that's killing me?"

"Yes." She replied surely.

"Come on Aunt, I'm out of trouble. I have no one to talk here except you."

"Please Tiffany, I don't want to start a fight here."

"Just let me do my thing."

"Do it in your room then."

"Fine." I said as I roll my eyes.

"Don't do that to me."

I finished my meal and immediately went up without any word. My aunt called me but then still, I ignored her. I reached for my sketchpad and scanned it. I slowly flipped the pages. There were past drawings of my school and my house. Memories flashed back.

I have this window just across my room, facing the woods. I chose a simple big tree as the subject for drawing, since this is the only way to calm me down and to forget my problems. The sweet breeze of the morning passed on me.