Part 9

Franco's father stare at him with anger and disappointment.

"Where have you been?" He said sounding upset.

"I just had some fresh air." Franco lied. He make his way across his father and pretend that nothing's going on.

"Air?" His father narrowed his eyes in suspicion and anger. "How long have you been seeing her?" The words came out from his father. His body froze, nervous of what his father knows.

"Her?" He swallowed hard. His back to his father. His heart beats fast with fear.

"Your heart's beating fast." His father whispered. Released a disappointed laugh. "How long have you been seeing her?!" His father raised his voice with anger. Franco didn't answer, he doesn't know what to say. He'd escape all those nights for her and break rules for her.

"Can't you follow simple rules?! Why are you seeing her?!" His father is shouting at him now.

"Dad, I can explain." He turned to his father and saw anger raging in his eyes. He doesn't know how to explain things.

"What are you going to explain?! Explain what? Just because your on the right age doesn't meant that you can break the rules.Did you use your power on her? Just for her to see you? Son, that's not the purpose of our power. We shouldn't use it for personal desire and --"

"No, I didn't. She can see me with her naked eyes." Franco interrupted. Whispering the words with his head down.

"What did you say?"

"She can see me, dad." He said meeting his father's eyes.

"It's not possible. Humans aren't suppose to see you."

"She's different." Franco's eyes lightened up as he thought of her.

"Son, we need to talk." His voice was serious.