22. I can change

Anthony "Ant" Valentines
July 30, 2017.
2:49am.

• • •

Anthony and his homeboy Lou was at the strip club in Vegas taking pictures having a good time just enjoying a guys trip

Anthony and his homeboy Lou was at the strip club in Vegas taking pictures having a good time just enjoying a guys trip. How Anthony had been feeling lately he needed this and to be surrounded with bitches and liquor. "This baby moms." He groaned opening up the message thread from Angel, his first baby mother who had just found out they were having a girl last week, she was now six months. Further than what she expected which only confirmed Anthony being the father, he was hoping like hell his dates didn't match hers but they did perfectly and even got an early paternity test.

Angel🙄: I know it's late but I see you in VEGAS out and just wanted to remind you that the baby shower is in two days and I would literally kill you if you miss it. Have fun, and I sent invitations to your house for your family and Megan.

- I know when my daughter shit is, you know imma be there and alright, you need anything? Y'all good?

Angel🙄: I'm good but you need to be checking on your girlfriend, I saw her at the hospital earlier and she ain't look too good but that wasn't my place, she don't like me because of YOU and I'm just trying to be cool for the kids. It's not like you ever told me you had a girl at home, and I'm honestly tired of your family looking down on me and whenever she see me she mugging me. Then I'd be bitter and wrong if I don't invite neither to our daughters things, I don't want you and I never did want you, but that's neither here or there. You need to be a better a man for her Ant. Don't forget Angelia's shower. Night

He sighed and exited out the message thread he was tired of everybody telling him what he needed to do, and why he should. He knew Angel was right but his pride always got the best of him, Him and Angel just used to fuck and he'd never mentioned Megan to her until she had to meet her due to the babies. Angel wasn't petty nor did she want Anthony, she was twenty four and would just co-parent with her child's father. She had to deal with the hate from his family and his girlfriend when she didn't do anything wrong. She was tired of it but that wouldn't change her daughters family, so she always kept them up to date and invited them to whatever their child had going on. She knew they all were happy for the baby, but they didn't too much care for Anthony and how he played shit out.

"Imma step outside real fast bro." He told Lou and was getting pissed when Megan wasn't answering the phone for him.

- You don't see me calling you now? You couldn't tell me you were in the hospital with MY child? How the fuck Angel tell me before you do?

MyLove😫❤️: Not right now Anthony please. I have to keep my stress levels down alright? I almost lost the baby today and I tried calling you, maybe you were too busy fucking someone. Almost losing out child is no big deal, continue doing you and at least she cared enough to MAKE you check on me 😂😂 that should tell you a lot.

- Lost the baby? What the fuck bro. Nobody thought to fucking call me? I'll be there tomorrow.

MyLove❤️😫: We good, step daddies winning 🥵🤷🏽‍♀️ How the next nigga- nvm. We ate, the baby is fine, and I'm in the hospital on bed rest for the next week. See you if I see you, if I don't oh well. Night

With that being said she blocked his number she knew he was about to call her and go off. Anthony felt his best drop, and he was hurt that he was out here still entertaining bitches, when the girl he loved was laid up in the hospital to keep their child alive. He felt like shit. He knew he had to change, not only for her but for himself and his kids, he didn't know why it was so hard to settle down. He never had too, but he knew if he wanted to keep Megan he had too and fast before another nigga stepped in and he lost her for good.

"Aye bro, my girl said I got to go back to the hotel- so guess what? I'm taking my black ass back." Lou stepped outside listening to his girl go off. "You here in Vegas?" He looked terrified. "How you-" He froze seeing her hop out her car and walk up to him.

"Hey Resha" Anthony laughed as she pulled Lou by his ear.

"Nigga you bout done dragged my nigga down here, hey my ass." She mugged him. "He can come snatch me out a club, I bet I do the same. Vegas or not, and you getcho monkey ass in the car too stressing that damn girl and baby out." She went off and Lou just shook his head pulling his hood on and sinking down in the seat seeing bitches and niggas laugh.

"I knew I shouldn't of came." He said to Anthony. Lou wasn't even tripping because he knew he wasn't on shit, and they were just strippers. He knew better than to ever step out on his family again. He lost her once and he wasn't gone go through the pain of losing her again and he hoped his boy could see that soon.

________

July 22, 2019.
2:23pm.

The next day.

Megan sat outside the hospital rubbing her stomach, she had time to get some fresh air before they wanted her back in there to monitor the baby health

Megan sat outside the hospital rubbing her stomach, she had time to get some fresh air before they wanted her back in there to monitor the baby health. She rolled her eyes and got up seeing Anthony approach her. "Megan" He called out to her and caught her arm before she went back into the hospital.

"I told you we were good, and don't touch me." She snatched her arm away and turned to look at him. "If you're coming for the baby then do that, we don't have shit to talk about."

"Baby give me one more chance." He looked her in the eyes. "I can change, I promise you. No more lying, bitches or nothing just us." He begged her, he was telling the truth he wanted just her and he made sure he wouldn't be hurting her no more, he was ready to be with her and to show her he could be the man she needed.

"The baby heartbeat went back up, so that's good." She frowned. "You come here to get me back but your child should have been your first concern, if you change. Change to be a better father to your two kids that's not here yet. Don't change for me because I'm done and that's final." She shook her head with no emotion, she had done enough crying and trying. She was done.