38. I've moved on

Rico "Stones" Jameson.
October 12, 2017.
5:29pm.

Same day.

• • •

Rico looked down and reached into his pocket while August was taking his picture

Rico looked down and reached into his pocket while August was taking his picture. "So you think this is too much?" He asked her showing her the diamond necklace he had purchased.

"I mean yeah, but you won't even listen to me so it don't matter." She rolled her eyes and the continued to walk along the park.

"It's just a necklace August damn." He let out a breath. "I feel like since she is my girlfriend you should at least take today and get to actually know her." He mumbled before they approached Karen at the bench watching her dog run around and play.

"I don't like this bitch..." August said and turned on her heels to walk elsewhere. August couldn't stand the type to pretend to be something they're not; and she could see right through Karen's bullshit ass story. "I'm going to get ice cream." She announced.

"Yeah you do that." Karen said low enough for only the two to hear since Rico had stepped away. "He'll be all mines soon you stupid bitch."

"You said you want me fight you?" August shoved her back; hard enough for her to fall on the ground. "Don't tell me what to do; I ain't Rico bitch I'll beat yo-" she cocked her fist back but Rico had quickly grabbed her.

"August you dead ass?" He frowned at her and helped Karen up who fake cried. "Look this was a mistake; I don't know why I thought you could be this mature ass person it's clear you can't." He snapped out.

"Excuse me? You've been with her for what three weeks and known her for a few months and you talking to me like that?" August chuckled. "Be the blind nigga you are; this bitch gone give you a run for your money and don't call me to whoop her ass stupid ass bitch." August walked away but not before punching Karen right in the mouth. "Call me another bitch, bitch." She walked away.

"Don't go after her; she just attacked me and I just try so hard to be nice to her." Karen wrapped her arms around Rico and pretended to cry. "I told you they all hate me; even as your girlfriend now." She sniffled.

Rico sighed and decided to calm her down instead of going to check on August. It was true, he was blinded thinking Karen was this good girl, loving and the woman he needed. He was so caught up in her he hadn't seen right through her how August had did. To him she was the perfect woman because that's how she portrayed herself to be around him but she'd show who she really was when she'll be left alone with August and that always ended up in August almost laying hands on her.

"What you be doing to her?" He asked her and pulled her into his lap rubbing her back.

"I swear, nothing babe. She hates me; have you two ever did anything?" She looked at him.

"What? No!" He quickly answered. "I'll have a sit down with you two." He said before placing a kiss on her lips. "How's your day been?" He asked her massaging her shoulders.

"Work was stressful; and other than that I had a good day." She smiled and excused herself to go get her dog who had ran off too far.

Rico sat for a minute and smiled at her; and all of her beauty. Seeing August call he answered the phone. "I'm sorry Aug; I just want y'all to get along." He answered.

"Keven is here..." She let out a nervous chuckle. "And someone is kind of here at the park to speak with you as well..." She avoided eye contact with Lauren who looked like she was about to piss herself.

"Please don't say it's Lauren" Rico stood up and felt his hands become sweaty.

"Yeah, we're just going to come over there now." August hung up and Keven frowned at her behavior.

It was no secret that no one knew Rico was now a taken man other than August; not even Keven knew and Lauren explaining how she was coming here since it was only four hours away Keven decided he'd come too just to see August and kiss on her now eight week belly that hadn't grown too much but he was still happy about his child.

Rico tensed up feeling Karen wrap her arms around him. He smiled down at her and cleared his throat. "My brother is here and they're about to come over here." He told her and she shrugged it off; he knew she had this problem with Lauren before and he also knew that what him and Lauren had was in the past since he'd moved on after never hearing from her that last time so Karen had nothing to worry about.

"My boy." He stood and dapped Keven up.

"Wassup my nigga." Keven put him in a headlock and held him there how they'd always done on another. "What the fuck you at a park for?" He asked taking a seat and pulling August on to his lap who looked like she was over it all.

"Rico can we-"

"Babe, lets go get food." Karen cut her off frowning at the sight of her.

"As I was saying, Rico could we talk?" Lauren rolled her eyes.

"Let me take my girlfriend to grab some food and then we can talk.. here in front of everyone." Rico said before ignoring the hurt in her eyes and grabbing Karen's hand walking away.

"Oh see bitch; I got this." Z stood up and got pulled back by Alonzo. "Cause he got my bitch fucked up." Z frowned. "I'll cut that bitch as well." He mouthed off.

"It's cool Z; I'm good." Lauren held back her tears. "We could go back to the room." She told them; seeing August and Keven disappeared already.

"And for what?" Z folded his arms.

"He has a girlfriend, he barely acknowledged me." Lauren let a stray tear fall.

"I'll shoot her right now." Alonzo stood a reached for his gun. "Don't cry lil bit; that shit a different type of hurt for me and I'll air this bitch out." He pulled her into a hug.

"What she gone do is go up over there and let that man know what it is and put her foot down." Z said. "We didn't come here for you to cry, look how he looking at you. Girl go get your man." He shoved her.

Lauren turned and took a deep breath walking back up to Rico and standing directly in front of him. "I said we need to talk and now; today. She's capable of buying a hotdog so come on." She looked at him blankly.

"You seem desperate at this point." Karen folded her arms.

"And you about to see the old me bitch; shut the fuck up talking to me alright? If your spot secure what the fuck you bitching and crying for? I like to pop bitches so we can either fight or you go order your hotdog and choke on it good for nothing ass bitch." Lauren stepped up to Karen and Rico pulled her back.

"You can't be coming up here like you run shit, I've moved on and so should you." Rico yelled. "Get the fuck over it Lauren and go back home; you're no longer wanted here." He said before grabbing Karen's hand and storming off.

"You know what hotel I'll be at; I don't know who you're fronting for. See you later." Lauren yelled after him and stormed off feeling humiliated and hurt; she couldn't stop the tears or aching in her heart.