42. Now or never (Pt.2)

"You shot him." Lauren cried out and swung on her dad. Catching him in the lip he let her go and cocked his fist back hitting her right in the chest making her fall to the ground. "Stop it daddy. Go help him." Lauren ignored the pain.

"Fuck" Jared yelled and paced back and forth. "How could he do that shit?" He choked out. "That's like Keven fucking on you, you see the fucking point?" He snatched her up.

"Let me go." She grabbed his gun and pointed it at him. "Just Stop it daddy." She cried pulling out her phone debating on calling the police while holding her father at gun point.

"You gone call the police on me? You gone shoot me because I'm trying to be a father to you? That shit hurt Lauren. My son fucking on my daughter." Jared literally was so hurt and sick he threw up right where he was standing.

"Im so sorry daddy." Lauren cried and hung the phone up before it could connect. "Please help him daddy." She whispered feeling her heart break.

"I shot my son." Jared shook his head and looked at how hurt his daughter looked and that broke him too. "I'm sorry Lauren." He tried to touch her but she backed away.

"You didn't take your meds.." She shook her head.

Jared didn't say anything he turned around to go back into the apartment and watched as Rico was working on his breathing to stay alive. He picked him up and carried him to the car and placed him in the back seat. "Lauren put pressure on his chest. He's going to make it." Jared sped off.

"I hate you." Lauren choked out. "You don't have to worry about me anymore after this." She cried holding a shirt over Rico's wounds. "If he dies back here I'm killing all of us I swear I'll shoot you." She wiped her eyes looking at Rico who looked up at her and gave her hand a small squeeze. "I hope you catch something and die"

Lauren was hurt, that her father reacted the way he did but she knew he would and this was the reason she'd ran away all the time. She knew her father would kill Rico, so that's why she was so afraid for this very reason and now here they were- Rico was fighting for his life over something she could have continued to run from. She'd listened to others around her when she knew better and she knew her father better than anyone.

"I'll kill us all right now." Jared had snapped again. "I bet everyone knew huh?" He chuckled. "Thats okay too, I'll kill them too." He mumbled and Lauren knew not to say anything because when he was off his meds he was worse than her and he'd swerve them off the road.

Pulling up to the hospital Rico was still breathing and Lauren thanked god as her father carried him in, and as she was about to go in she slapped her to the ground and she held her face in shock. "Come on we about to go see the rest." He shoved her in the car and she was terrified because Jared was losing his shit.

"This is some funny shit." He laughed to himself driving like a mad man.

"Where was the fucking joke?" Lauren frowned and flinched when he looked at her. "I hope Keven beat your ass stupid." She kicked him in the face making him swerve.

"You took your meds Lauren? You're acting crazy." He frowned and rubbed his cheek and made the right to the hotel ignoring the fact she just kicked him with all of her force.

Arriving to the hotel Lauren ran out of the car and to Kevens room banging on the door. "What the fuck- aye where that nigga at?" Keven looked at a bruised up Lauren with no shirt or shoes on. "Rico did that?" He asked her trying to control her crying.

"Nope." Jared appeared cleaning his gun. "I did." He shoved them in the room and shut the door. "Ain't this the perfect family meeting." He got excited seeing Anthony there as well.

"So you hit her like this?" Keven put Lauren behind him. "Why?" He sized his dad up.

"Why she laying up with her brother as if that shit ain't sick?" He stepped to Keven and Anthony stood and shoved them apart.

"Aye everyone leave." Anthony motioned the girls and Lauren friends and they all did with no hesitation. "Where's Rico?" He asked Lauren noticing she was covered in blood and balled up in the corner.

"He - he shot him." She spaced out and stood up grabbing a knife lounging right at Jared stabbing him in the back. "You asshole; you fucking bitch." Keven grabbed her and held her while she screamed and yelled.

"Okay." Jared groaned and pulled the knife out. "Don't nobody in here worry about me; I'm dying any fucking way. I got cancer, nobody respects me any fucking way. I'm sorry for all the shit I did alright? I'll be gone soon." Jared dropped his guns and walked out slamming the door.

The room became silent as they took in the new information. "I didn't mean it." Lauren sobbed. "See this is why I didn't want to tell him; and now I'm going to lose him and Rico." She cried out punching herself in the head.

Anthony grabbed her and held her hands. Keven grabbed his keys and let his tears fall as they all headed to the hospital to check on Rico who had just went under surgery.

Lauren called Jared over and over receiving no answer. She didn't mean to wish death on him; and she needed him to know that. She didn't mean for any of this to happen at all and she herself no longer wanted to be around because no matter what she did she was always the one that caused the problems in her family and she would eliminate the problem for everyone.

_____