33. Doin' just fine (Pt.2)

Rico "Stones" Jameson.
Sep 12, 2017.
5:29pm.

Same day.

• • •

Rico face fell looking at how good Lauren looked tonight

Rico face fell looking at how good Lauren looked tonight. He had been so caught up in Karen he hadn't seen or heard her when she came in. Lauren broke eye contact and drank some of the water that was placed in front of her, Rico cleared his throat as Lauren began to talk.

"Oh I'm sorry go ahead." Lauren smiled and motioned for Rico to say what he had to say. "I see two new faces; who are these women?" She asked seeing a woman sitting next to her dad as well, and she didn't like that as much as she didn't like this woman sitting on Rico's lap.

"Well this is Karen- and Karen this is Kevens little sister he was telling you about." Rico became thirsty as he grabbed his drink.

"And Karen? She's exactly what to you? Big brother." Lauren flashed a smile and the men picked up their menus and pretended to look for something while Jared was too stuck in Sabrina to notice anything.

"She's my um--"

"I'm his girlfriend, and I'm sure you could tell by the way I'm on his lap." Karen smiled a fake smile, not liking the tension that had just became thick or the fact her man acted as if he'd forgot who she was.

"Oop. Sis got to secure her title? Is she insecure?" August mumbled and sipped her water with her pinky up.

"I just think you're a beautiful woman, no need for all that and if you were his girlfriend I'm sure he wouldn't have hesitated to answer that question; don't go giving yourself a title." Lauren cleared her throat. "Anywho- lets carry on." She faced her dad who still wasn't paying the table no attention.

Rico felt Karen's whole mood change; and he knew that he would hear a handful tonight. Lauren was right; they weren't officially together so he would also get on her about lying about something so simple. The date he had months again turned into them wanting to see where things could go; he liked her company but it wasn't a secret that something was missing and he brung her along just to have positive company while he was here but he now thought this this was a mistake.

"Dad!" Lauren raised her voice a little and he mugged her. "We were introducing new faces?" She looked the woman- Sabrina up and down.

"Oh, well everyone knows we're dating." Jared looked at his daughter as she got up from the table and smiled before walking off. She'd learned to dismiss herself when she felt the need to be disrespectful and calm herself down before going off.

"I'll go check on her." Anthony and Keven went after her. "Sorry about that" Keven apologized to Sabrina who had a sad look on her face.

"Imma go check on her." Rico told Karen and tapped her leg for her to get up.

Lue coughed and shook his head. "This man." He laughed at the fact Rico had brung a date but he was following up and behind Lauren.

"Lauren slow down." Anthony grabbed her arm. "What's all that?" He turned her to face him.

"Yeah, that was kind of rude lil bit." Keven caught up.

Lauren took a deep breath. "I walked away to calm down because I learned to think before I speak now." She chewed on her bottom lip. "He's still married to mom and you know if she was here she wouldn't have accepted that bit- woman in there."

"But is mom here?" Anthony spoke up. "Dad deserves to be happy and she's a nice woman. I mean it's hard for all of us but if dad is happy then we should all be happy for him."

"Yeah; I mean she ain't momma but she a damn good person." Keven agree'd. "Just give her a chance." He nudged her shoulder.

"Therapy has really worked" Lauren laughed and wiped a stray tear. "I should go apologize." She began to walk back until Rico grabbed her.

"I just wanted to-"

"Let me go." She smiled. "It's nice seeing you" she hugged him and he looked confused as he hugged her back. "Thanks for checking on me you guys." She told them all and proceeded to walk into the restaurant again.

"Babymomma?" She sucked her teeth hearing Alonzo's voice.

She looked to see him dropping her friend off at work; and sit across the street being annoying as usual. "Go home Alonzo." She yelled and gave him a finger. He smirked at her as he sipped his drink.

"Do we know him?" Keven and Anthony stopped and looked at him

"Do we know him?" Keven and Anthony stopped and looked at him. "Babymomma? Lauren I'll shoot-"

Lauren sighed. "No, he's just a nobody and trust me I'm doing nothing to even have a baby."

Rico held a mean mug with Alonzo while Lauren forced her brothers back into the restaurant; noticing Rico hadn't followed she went back out. "Who is that?" Rico looked her up and down then back at Alonzo.

"He's-"

"Her boyfriend nigga." Alonzo lied and got up making his way across the street. "Come're babymomma." He pulled Lauren into him by her waist and she was stuck. She felt her body heat up, smelling his cologne.

"I- he - I" She stumbled over her words.

"Nah it seem like you doing just fine, no disrespect bro." Rico laughed. "But don't come at me like that; I like to fight and shoot my nigga." He didn't give him or Lauren a chance to respond before walking back into the restaurant.

"Why would you do that?" She removed his arms and looked at the satisfaction written on his face. "You're not my nigga."

"I ain't.. but I can be." He winked at her and then walked away.

Calming herself down she walked back into the restaurant and mentally laughed seeing Rico place a kiss to Karen's lips. She was proud of herself because she had really seen the change in herself and for that she was happy for herself. Rico had seen it too, and he was proud of her, he just wondered when she was going to finally fight for them.

"I'm sorry about that, I'm Lauren and it's nice to meet you." She smiled and held her hand out for Sabrina.

______

Not updating again until MONDAY. Bye 🤞🏽