49. Happy and living'

Anthony "Ant" Valentines.
March 21, 2018.
8:29am.

Four months later.

• • •

"Okay y'all are all ready

"Okay y'all are all ready." Anthony checked his daughters bags and made sure he had them all packed up. Angelia was now four months making Kaitlyn three months being Megan went in Labor an exact month after Angel. "It's crazy how y'all look alike." He smiled down strapping them both in their seats and throwing the bag with both of their things over his shoulder.

He sent angel and Megan off on separate trips to get pampered while he spent the week with his kids. Just to bond with them alone and not have their mothers at his throat if they feel he wasn't doing something right.

The last four months he had been the best father to them, and also loved having them to himself. He was selfish when it came to them, and he was fine with that. They were his babies, his baby girls and they were definitely attached to him more than their mothers already. If he wasn't around they'd have a fit, and wouldn't stop until they heard his voice or saw him. Their other favorite person was Jared- their papa.

"Y'all ready to see papa huh?" He heard them squeal in the backseat as if they knew what he had just said. "Let's pray crazy ass Aunt ain't visiting today huh?" He said referring to Lauren.

As Keven mentioned she had to be off her meds during her pregnancy, and being six months and big as hell now it was starting to get to her. Last week she was in one of her moods and Anthony has told her she was too fat to be sitting on Rico- she wasn't an emotional pregnant she was a fighting pregnant and she'd swing on you fast especially being off her meds. Long story short, she's busted his lip and it took everything in Anthony not to hit her back but he didn't because therapy was working for them all. They all still went twice a month.

"It's raining today so we won't go visit grandma." He talked to his girls and he laughed because they both wined a little, he could swear his girls knew exactly what was being said. He'd made sure he took them at least twice a week just to visit her, and he knew her spirt would play and talk with them because they'd be so excited and following somethings every move. Even trying to reach for that something he knew was his mother bonding with her grandchildren.

Pulling up to the house he seen Sabrina rush out to grab one of the girls, and Jared grabbed the other. Anthony shook his head and got out the car making his way into the house. "Hey baby." Sabrina hugged him and helped him out of his wet coat. "I cooked, everything's in there and I made you a plate to go already along with Megan and angel." She told him.

"Thanks ma" he kissed her cheek and she looked at him wide eyed before letting it go since he didn't catch what he had said. But it almost made her cry.

He walked further in and saw his dad with both girls laid on the floor reading them a story. "You want to keep them tonight? I want to take Megan out when she gets back." He asked grabbing his plate and sitting on the floor next to him.

"Yeah, they already begged me to get them away from your ass." Jared joked and sat up looking down on them.

"Do you guys need anything from the store? Keven needs me to stop by." Sabrina called out to them.

"That boy too damn old for you to always run when he needs. You only supposed to cater to me woman." Jared joked. "I'm good though, tell your favorite I said stop being a bitch." He laughed.

"Don't do him like that." Sabrina glared at him. "I love you all, don't let him tell you he's my favorite." She pointed to Anthony and grabbed her things walking out.

"Kevens definitely her favorite." Anthony burst into laughter that she tried to make him feel better.

"So how you've been son?" Jared asked him as he picked both girls up and held them.

"Happy and living." Anthony smiled. "I'm glad we both beat that cancer shit, I hate it runs in the family but I'm glad we made it." He smiled and Jared nodded. As of now they both had been free from anything for almost two months now and that alone was a blessing.

"I have a surprise for Lauren for her birthday." Jared said, which was less than a month away. "I got her a house in Miami, and added on to that studio Rico had built for her." He smiled.

"Damn, that's dope pops. Momma would of loved to be here for all of this."

"Actually. It's this book I found that your mother left behind, the craziest shit in there too." He chuckled. "She knew her and Rico was going to be something one day and it's a letter addressed to them two, one for you, one for Keven and one for my 'new bitch.'" They both burst into laughter.

"I don't think we need to give that to Sabrina." Anthony Joked. "But did you read any?"

"Nah, never." Jared handed him the girls and went to get the box he found. "She wanted you all to open them on your birthdays this year but I hadn't found them until after yours." He said referring to his 24th birthday last week.

Anthony stood and went into his old bedroom sitting on the bed rubbing his fingers over the envelope. Taking a deep breath he opened it and smiled at the pictures of them that fell out.

"Hopefully ya dumb ass daddy wait until 2018 to give you this letter, today is my birthday 2014 and I decided to do something for me and in case I don't return home I write this for you Anthony. My sweet baby, my second born son. I love you and I want to wish you a happy 24th birthday. I'm sorry I missed it. But, the reason I needed you to have this letter this year is because not only did I want to wish you one last happy birthday, and let you know I love you one last time. I also wanted to give you this key, to the house and business I had built for you, it took three years to have all of this built. I know you've always wanted to design cloths in California so congrats to you business owner and house owner in Cali. Do what you dreamed of, I know by now or at least I hope you have a kid or two. Kiss them for me and be sure to let them know I love them and remind them of me any chance you get. I hope I never failed you as a mother, be sure to keep the family together. Love all my special babies, even ya father dumb ass.

- Love, mom. Always. Xoxo bitch ass nigga.