30. Family sticks together

Rico "Stones" Jameson.
August 7 , 2017.
7:39am.

• • •

Rico stood with his hands in his pockets at the hospital, while looking at a bruised up Lauren and Zeeke

Rico stood with his hands in his pockets at the hospital, while looking at a bruised up Lauren and Zeeke. It was thirty minutes before Anthony went into surgery and everyone was gathered around and you could tell something was going on. Jared nor Rico could quite put their fingers on it. Lauren had lied and told Jared that she had got into a fight that's why her lip was busted; and as far as the bruise on her neck she'd covered it with makeup. Zeeke sat alone mugging Rico the whole time but Rico wasn't stupid he knew something between the two went on and he was even pissed thinking Zeeke had put his hands in Lauren.

In the back of Jared mind he had put it together but would deal with Zeeke later.

"Hey Bestfriend!" August walked in with Keven not too far behind and hugged Rico.

"Oh I still got one of those?" He joked looking back and forth between the two that held the title. "Y'all done forgot about me and y'all only met two seconds ago." He threw his arms around August and noticed Keven look like he hadn't slept all night.

"Let me talk to you Kev." Rico motioned for him to follow him.

"Wassup bro?" Keven asked as they stepped somewhere in private.

"What's going on? Why shit seem weird? You look like shit, and August look worried about something, she ain't never worried so what's going on?" He patted his shoulder looking at his boy.

Keven debated on telling him the real story but he knew since Zeeke was here now it would be best if Rico hadn't found out he had slapped Lauren. Even Keven wanted to fight Zeeke again looking at Lauren's face but he was drained and today was about Anthony. "Lauren told me she wish it was me that had the tumor instead, basically wished death on me to my face." He told him part of the reason. "She on her own now, I'm done with it. She want me dead; she ain't got to worry about me." Keven shook his head feeling his heart break.

"Damn. What the fuck is up with her lately? That's foul. You know she ain't mean that shit though." Rico dapped his friend up. "Family stick together; especially at a time like this." He told him. "Let's just support Anthony and see if she's big enough to apologize, if not then do what you need to do." He pulled him into a brotherly hug and Keven agreed.

They walked back in and Rico made brief eye contact with Lauren and it seems as if was just them two in the room before he looked away. "I think she needs you." August appeared by his side. "That little girl is lost, and it all comes down to you.... everyone see's her as this troubled girl but she just doesn't have the right guidance you know?" August sighed. "Look at how her brothers are and how they were when they found out she was messing with you, she's scared their dad will kill you and I've only met him twice... I think he'll really kill you Bestfriend." She rested her head on his shoulder.