ii/iv

T W O ( 2 ) - A  B O U N D A R Y  T E S T 

This is my limit. She's pushing it.

Evelyn stealing my best friend is one thing in itself. But then to dangle her in front of me like she's some sort of show and tell project. That little farmie knows what she's doing, she's playing with me.

I don't play well with others.

I slid my tray into the trash and walk over to the table where they're sitting with a few others. Izzy looks at me like I'm crazy and Evelyn- she looks like she just called checkmate. She knows what she's doing.

"Hey Kim, do you wanna join us?" She asks in a sweetly putting voice. Too sweet. Too much sugar can kill you. 

I place both of my hands on the table and get right in her face.

"I know you're new here so you don't know me. I'm telling you right now this is one, you don't get three warnings. You get two." I grit in her face and she looks a bit scared but not enough for my liking. Maybe I should switch it up.

I stand up straight and decide to project my voice. "I don't know what the hell it is that you're up to but I will figure it out. And I'll get Izzy the hell away from you."

"But if she wanted to leave she would. She's right here, why don't you ask her?" 

I look at Izzy who doesn't even look like herself. She looks like she's high on drugs and floating on a cloud. Her eyes look droopy and her nose and cheeks are flush red. Maybe she had been crying. No doubt a tactic that these people use to crawl into people's lives.

"Izzy why are you hanging out with the crazy farm girl?" I question her but Izzy's face just contorts into one of anger. Wasn't expecting that.

"She's my friend now. And she's not crazy, you can't call things you don't understand crazy Kimmy." She answers me with a very shrill voice. Wasn't expecting that either.

I shake my head and go right back to Evelyn.

"I'm not done with you farm girl."

-

THRID PERSON 

Kimmy breezily walked away from the table and out the cafeteria doors. It left everyone scrambling to understand what was happening. Especially Jughead and Betty.

The two had bumped into her at the serpents hideout the other night and couldn't understand why. Also why she was talking with FP. Jughead and her weren't friends so what would she have to done with his father?

Betty was wondering what was really going on. She knows that Izzy seems to be 'farmed' but there is something else. Her who brother situation makes no sense and it's calling out to her to be solved. She grabbed her bag and rushed out of the cafeteria in an effort of catch up to Kimmy. 

As soon as she was in the hallway she could see Kimmy already at the end of it. 

"Kimmy!" She shouted at her to get her attention. 

She stopped and turned around.

KIMMY'S POV

I turned round and saw Betty standing at the end of the hall. She was jogging over to me already so it wasn't like I could walk away. Anyways it wouldn't help- Betty could help me in this situation.

"What day does Izzy's brother come in? We need to talk to him as soon as possible." She asks.

"It's always Friday night. I have his number I'll tell him that we need to talk. Do you want to be there?" I pull out my phone and begin to text him to set up a time and place. 

"Yeah if it's not weird or anything." She says shyly and I took her a look.

"It's Riverdale, everything weird. Give me your number yeah?" I hold out my phone for her to take and she does.

Quickly she puts in her number and hands it back to me. "I promise we will get down to whats happening with the farm."

"I sure hope we do." I begin to walk away before she grabs onto my arm to stop me. What else does she want to talk about? She lets me go slowly.

"Uh- sorry it's just you were at the serpent hideout the other night and I just don't understand why." I was hoping she wouldn't ask about that. I don't have to tell her anything really. I could make up a lie right here on the spot and she would never know the difference. 

But she's helping with me.

"Because of FP. He and my mom go like way back. He just wanted to see how I was doing." I lie easily and smile. "We good?"

Betty nods and I turn around again.

-

I opened my front door and didn't hear any noise coming from inside. Weird. Usually my mom is cooking something new for us to try or my little brothers is running around with trails of dirt coming from his shoes.

Closing door, I put my bag down on the floor. 

"Mom? Kurt?" I called out to them but no one answered.

I wandered through the living room and the kitchen and there was no trace of them. She didn't even call me today which was super weird. She's one of those nice overprotective moms. I attest get a text asking where I am.

I take my phone out and tap on her number to call it. 

It goes to voicemail-

weird.

I would call Izzy in this situation but I doubt she'd pick up.

My finger scrolls through my contacts until it lands on one I almost forgot I had. I tap on it and bring the phone to my ear hearing it ring. It picks up instantly.

"Hey Syd."