iii/iv

T H R E E ( 3 ) - THE WEEKEND 

At Pops at 12pm. I'm never up at this time on a weekend. Usually still passed out from binging on homework for the upcoming week. 

My mom has been acting weird too. Since she wasn't home on Thursday, she's been hard to reach ever since. Like she's been dodging me or something.I don't like that fact that she's going ghost when this farm thing is happening. I hope she's not a part of that shit.

 Or my brother. I will lose my mind. He hasn't been acting weird but then again maybe I just didn't pick it up yet.

The bell dinged at the front door and I saw Izzy's brother stroll through. Truth was he's not a bad guy. Yes he's not around as much as he needs to be but he's only a kid too. He had to drop out of college to take care of Izzy after their parents died. And then he became her legal guardian, at the ripe age of 22. 

Now he's trying to get a stable job so they can afford to live in Riverdale. That meant taking a job that overworks him and underpays him. He's still trying through. But at some point the spirit begins to weaken. 

He's not the same. He hasn't been since their parents died. He stepped up to the plate but his souls not there.

Isaiah slid into the booth with a curt smile. 

"Hey Kim, what's going on? Why do we have to talk by ourselves? It's not Izzy right, you didn't text me saying it was about her." He began to ramble and I held out my hands to make him stop. He cares.

"Calm down. It's not bad yet, but it might get there." I began and he only looked even more bugged out than before. "While you were gone, she's been hanging out with the group called the farm. And since then me and her haven't spoken a word to each other."

He looked taken back. Good He understands.

"Wait what- the last time I checked you two were joined at the hip. You're like more than best friends- it's concerning actually how close you two are." He joked but this wasn't that time for that. This was the time for action and immediate intervention. 

"Look, we need to talk to her. This group is run by this weird girl and her father and it's basically a cult. I mean Izzy would never just ditch me like this. Never." I explain.

He nods his head in understanding and takes out his phone. "I'm texting her and letting her know I need to see her back home. You're coming with, so we can do this together."

"Shoot! I'm sorry I'm late." I heard Betty's voice swoop in.

I looked up at her- totally forgot about how she wanted to be here. "Isaiah this is Betty Cooper. Betty meet Isaiah."

The two shake hands briefly before she joins me on my side of the booth. 

"So you know about my sister joining a cult?" He asks.

"Yeah and my sister and mother are a part of it. I've been trying to talk to them but it's like they don't hear a word I say. They've been brainwashed." She comments-  I wish she hadn't put it like that to him. This might snowball it's self into a big ugly mess ball.

What if Isaiah makes Izzy move away from Riverdale? I mean if he was practical he would. Take the person away from he problem- the cult- and then it's solved.

"I'm gonna need more information here. You can text Kim more stuff- we've gotta head to our place. We're meeting with Izzy in a few minutes. It's time to talk sense into my sister." He got up abruptly and left the dinner.

Betty got out from my side and took his seat.

"Do you think this talk will help her see the light?" Betty asked me and I didn't really know how to answer that. I want it to. I want her to come back to us. But I know that this farm thing runs way deeper than it's showing.

I get out of the booth and look at Betty. "If she doesn't then I think our options only get thinner and thinner. Thanks for coming."

As we're leaving I saw Mr.Keller in one of the booths. He was with Josie's mom. I politely smiled at him and he did the same.

-

Izzy was sitting on the couch when we both walked in. As soon as she saw me her face changed. Wow the farm really must have done her quickly.

"I didn't know you'd be here. Why is she here?" Izzy asks her brother, trying to ignore me in the process.

He scoffs. "She's your partner in crime. Why wouldn't she be here Izzy? Got some new friends?"

Now she scoffs. "Now you care?"

There it is.

Thats the way they were able to crawl into her heart. I knew she was missing him. She never talked about her feelings towards her brother with me. Even if I brought him up she' just find a way to come up with another topic. 

I just figured she'd open up when she was ready.

"Izzy I have always cared. Don't start with that bullshit. You know I'm working in the city to support the both of us- to keep this house, to stay in this town." He pushed back and I just watched.

Never saw them fight before.

"The farm is teaching me to let all the people in my life that cause me pain or remind me of pain go. And you are one of the pain bearers in my life! I'm trying to find happiness and I am!" She begins shouting.

When people start shouting when arguing it's usually because they don't have anything to argue. They know they are in the wrong- or in this case denial.

"And me?" I asked silently.

At that she looked at me, crossed her arms over her chest.

"Evelyn said I need to start fresh. To cut ties with you. And ever since I did I've begun to feel that happiness." She concluded and she must have seen my face because she shook her head. "What? What is it?"

I stood there in silence for a few seconds.

"You and me are never done. You hear me? I will always be here. Whatever the hell is going on with you, I will figure it out. I will get you out. I don't care if you can't see how wrong you are. I promise you."

And with that I left her house.