i/iv

O N E ( 1 ) - E S C A P E  P L A N 

These past few days have been just going downhill. Not that anything bad has happened. Other than my father being back to do god knows what. And Izzy being in a literal cult. Other than that and the shit that comes with it, things have been normal.

Well, not for everyone else. There's a new girl gang in town, per Cheryl and Toni. Archie is getting over his troubles slowly. Bowie and Syd are keeping me updated. Since I can't walk around my own home town freely. And they've got their own troubles.

Bowie found out about the dead body from Syd, who was told by Harrison. And her and Fangs are in a break-up limbo kind of thing. All I know is that they're fighting, and I can't ask Bowie about it because if I do she get's sad or angry, or both.

This kind of left Syd in a weird position since she kind of tattled. Sweet Pea and Fangs are kind of passively ignoring her now. Whenever she's around they buddy up, or they make sure to come over when she's not here. But then Fangs also has to make sure that Bowie isn't here.

All in all, I don't understand why they come over anyways. I mean It's Syd's family bakery for one, and two me and them aren't really close friends like that-

Are we?

We've seen a dead body together. So theres that.

"Kimmy, phone for you!" Ms.Agatha called from the front of the bakery.

She was one of the good things about this whole war path my dad is on. Because without a doubt I know that that elderly woman will put me to work with making cupcakes and muffins like I'm a normal girl. A normal teenager in the town of river dale.

Another good thing? Tom Keller. He comes in almost everyday to get a treat. And when he does he throws some jokes, asks me how I'm doing. I don't think he knows what's going on with me. Like he said when he dropped by when this all began. But he seems to care, so theres that.

I put down the dough I was kneading in my hands and dust them off on my apron. Ms.Agatha made me one with my name on it and such. I tell you, that woman is a saving grace.

Making my way over to where she is holding the phone out for me to take. I hold the receiver up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Kimmy! I was trying to call you on your phone but you didn't answer." Betty's voice sounded through the other end. Oh yeah I forgot we were kind of trying to take down a cult together. I wonder how her mom is doing with that.

"Yeah, it broke. And I can't afford a new one. What's up." That was a LIE. 

"It's the farm. A few days ago my mom was trying on a dress and I found out it was for something called a baptism. I don't have any clue what it is yet but it's something you have to sign a waiver for."

My eyes popped out of my skull to say the least.

What the fuck.

"Wait a minute, so your mom is gonna do whatever dangerous farm thing it is? Betty are you gonna talk to her?" I asked, but once I did I felt guilty. She had probably been trying to talk to her mother this whole time but nothing was going through. The cult was putting up a brick wall between her and her mother.

"I've tried but she's set on doing it. That's not why I called though. I mean it is, in part." 

"So what's the other part?"

There's silence for a few beats.

"I'm pretty sure Izzy is going to be doing this baptism thing soon."