i/

O N E ( 1 ) -  T O  B E C O M E  P A R A N O I D

I wrapped the towel around my body and stepped out the shower. For a bunker this wasn't that bad. But it doesn't help that I'm in the middle of nowhere. Every sound sets me off. It could be animals or it could be him.

Creak!

That was definitely not an animal.

Shit what- what the hell do I do? What weapons do I have? I'm not even good with a kitchen knife. Would I stab my own father? Has it come to that?

The knock combination that FP and my mom made together banged thorough the walls.

I let out a sigh of relief. Now I have to find my clothes. I run over to the makeshift bed, grab the clothes and run back to the bathroom and pull on some sweatpants and a tank top. 

But then I heard more footsteps. Maybe it was my mother? Does my mother walk heavy like that?

I peeked my head out to see.

Not my mother.

It was Fangs, Jughead and Sweet Pea. And they were carrying a body. What the hell goes on in this town? How have we not reached the quota for illegal things happening yet?

They barely notice me as they set down the body and FP comes in from the entrance. He overlooks the boys and looks right at me. I mean they have to know I'm here right? It doesn't take long before the three of them look behind their backs and see me.

Slowly I walk out from behind the bathroom wall.

"Wait a minute what's she doing here? This is not-" Jughead begins to argue but his father cuts him off.

"Boy don't worry about that. We have to question him, wake him up." He orders his son. Jughead turns around to look at me one more time before doing what his father asks.

I watch carefully as they wake up the man on the floor. It's not long before the beating starts to take place. I can see the splatter of blood hit the floor. Whoever this guy is is talking smack about Betty and her mom. But Jughead punches him to shut him up.

Jughead is talking to him- he's not close enough for me to hear. But then the guy says something and it has Fangs and Sweet Pea in a scramble. FP and Jughead try to hold them back. All I can hear is that this man had something to do with killing Joaquin. 

FP calms them down- and I can't ignore the fact that Sweet Pea turned around to look at me twice. And then more mumbling is happening.

Before I know it, Jughead and his father are leaving the bunker. That means it's me, the serpent boys and whoever this man is for the meantime. Instead of staying put I walk over slowly to where the man is laid out.

He looks me over once and rolls his eyes.

"What are you doing here Kimmy? Where have you been?" Fangs asks me from my side.

My whole life must seem like a mystery to them. At some point I have to tell them. They did after all protect me when I was on house lockdown. 

"Been dealing with some issues. Staying here for the meanwhile. What's up with him?" I nod over to the man who's currently bleeding out in my temporary place of living. But Fangs just shakes his head at me.

I look over at Sweet Pea and he shakes his head as well. "It's serpent business."

If only he knew. 

I turn around and begin to walk over to the bed when I can hear a grunt. 

"Nice ink." The unidentified man's voice cuts the silence. 

I stop in my place. My feet feel glued to the fucking floor. God. I just- how can he even see my tattoo? I thought this tank top would cover it. I look down at my tank top. White. It's white and it's a little bit on the sheer side. And my back is still wet from not completely drying.

I turn around- to try and face my tattoo away from the two boys- but when I do they are already facing me. My eyes go to the bastard on the floor.

"If I didn't know any better, that looks like a Toledo Serpent tattoo. You a serpent?" The man on the floor asks me and I don't answer him. Why the hell should I he already answer his own question. God.

I look back at the two boys who look lost for words. 

"Well then I guess I could explain myself.." I trailed off, heading back to the bed and sitting on it, crossed legged. "But then again you two aren't explaining him, so why the hell would I do that?"

"You've got a lot of sass to match with that-" The man starts up but he doesn't get too far in his disgusting comment before Sweet pea punches him square in the jaw.

Sweet Pea looks at me- with an anger in his eyes. Like he's mad that he doesn't know me better. Or that I hadn't told him about the tattoo. But again why would I? We barely know each other. And what I do know of him- he's awkward. Around me he is.

"Does this have to do with what happened in class that day?" Fangs asked without looking at me. 

I sighed and leaned against the bunker wall. It was cool which I needed because it was starting to get hot in here with all the other people in here. "Yes. And why you were tasked with watching me a while ago."

There was an awkward beat of silence between the three of us. I say three because I doubt the man who got his jaw rocked is about to jump into our conversation. 

"So no serpent pride?" Without a beat I looked at Sweet Pea who had asked that.

"It wasn't something that I wanted, so don't really have the feeling of pride." I answer him back. "Is he staying the night here?"

Fangs looked at me, "We all are, for now."