PART THREE

Kimmy Katrel is not okay. Sitting in a bathroom stall of her high school she feels the tremors and the sobs rake through her body. She can taste the salt tears running down her face. She can hear her breathing filling up the bathroom.

Her super tight iron grip on her books is gone in a flash. They drop to the titled floors as she cradles her head in her hands. The faint memory of getting the tattoo on her back hits her like a ton of bricks. She can still feel the needle jabbing her skin.

She's inked. She's tainted. She's marked for the rest of her life. Even if she can get the tattoo removed it wouldn't stop her father. She shares the same genes as him. They are linked. Bonded. They will always be together.

That summer night when she got that tattoo she went over everything in her head. She went over how her father called out of the blue. How quick she was to agree to spending time with him. How quick she packed her bags. 

Then she remembers how quick everything went south. How that cop had his flashlight shinned on her. How the cuffs felt on her wrists. How the holding cell smelled like old blood, old pee. How quick her father got there. How quick he was to offer her a spot in the gang.

Everything happens quickly.

Izzy joined a cult quickly. It didn't happen overnight but it sure did feel like it. Kimmy was so used to having her in her life. Having her to depend on. Especially after the summer of hell she went through. She told her everything, how she felt, how angry she was.

But she didn't have that anymore.

Kimmy doesn't know when but Bowie and Syd soon joined her in the bathroom. The two girls had grown to like her the more they saw of her. Truth was, it was only Syd who knew the truth about her. Bowie didn't have a clue what happened.

So Kimmy came out with it, in between sobs and tears. 

The three girls sat in one bathroom stall. Together they sat in silence. Kimmy too in her mind. Bowie and Syd trying to work out how exactly to keep their new found friend safe. They watched over her until she was ready to leave the stall.

She dragged her feet to the sink and ran water over her face. Her eyes were red and puffy. The top collar of her shirt was soaked in tears. Bowie told her to call her mom. Syd agreed and Kimmy did as they said.

Her mother picked her up at the school in less than twenty minutes. She told the young girls that were looking after her daughter that she had her now and that they should get back to school. Reluctantly they did. 

What Kimmy doesn't know, was that they cornered Evelyn in between classes and made her spill her guts. And the information she gave was quite enough. Kimmy's father was in town, and he had joined the farm. It was part of the 'group'- cult- to reveal secrets. And his secrets were about Kimmy.

Back to Kimmy, her mother took her to the Jones' trailer. FP was there already pacing around. Kimmy's mom sat her down on the couch as the two adults tried to wrap their brains around the situation. They there out multiple ideas. Leaving riverdale was the most common one.

But Kimmy spoke up then.

She didn't want to leave her home. She didn't want to run away. Her dad was the one who was coming after her. If he came for her after all this time it must be because of something. Because he wants something or needs something. Why wait for her to get home, why wait almost a year?

The adults liked her smart thinking. But they still didn't want her to be a siting duck. FP offered for her to stay in the bunker. It was somewhere remote, only FP, her mom would know. She would be safe there, tucked away from the grips of her father.

And so, after one last night at home, here she is. In Dilton's bunker.