i/iv

O N E ( 1 ) - T E L L  M E  I T' S  A  N I G H T M A R E 

I was startled awake by my nightmare. Yes they happened but it wasn't like this. Not with knowing that my father is somewhere looking for me. I couldn't take it. After what he did- why did I think that it was ever over?

I can't leave the house.

I look over at my alarm clock to see it's almost seven in the morning. Soon Id' have to get up to go to school. I can't do that. I can't step out of this house. He didn't call for fun and game- this shit is real. He called for god knows what.

A knock to my door almost threw me to the floor. 

Shit.

"Hey it's me babe. Look I want you to stay home today." My mom's voice sounded through the door and I let out a sigh of relief. When I didn't say anything back she opened the door. "Don't worry, I've got you baby."

"Thank you mom." I whispered- kind of croaked. 

She nodded and closed the door.

So I'm safe. For now. Until he comes to town and realizes that I'm not out and about in town and there is only one place he could be. He knows where we live, we didn't move houses. It's only a matter of time before he comes here.

Maybe I shouldn't be here. Maybe I could go to someone else's house and Mom could keep Kurt with her instead of him going to school. Keep away from them. It is me after all that he wants. 

My phone vibrates on the night stand and a shiver get sent down my back. Quickly I pick it up and see who it could be 

Syd.

"Your mom and FP assigned a serpent to babysit you and I volunteered. If I come over with treats will you tell me what's going on?"

I gulped.

Should I? I mean it's- he's already here. Nothing worse than that. If I tell her then maybe she'd protect me even more? Or maybe- 

I just don't know anymore.

I start tapping away on the keyboard.

"Send me a text when you're here."

-

Syd walked into my house with an amused face. I locked the door as I watched her. What was amusing about all of this? She took a look around the living room before sitting down on the couch. 

"So you have green walls, I always pictured you to have beige walls- oh! Or yellow, you know yellow is a nice color actually if done correctly.." She trails off when she finally looks at me. Seeing me in my pajamas probably brought her back to reality. "Come sit with me."

I hesitantly sit with her- not because I'm scared of her. Just scared about what to say to her. 

She takes out the treat bag from her jacket pocket, and holds it out for me to take. 

"Thanks." I take it and look inside. A chocolate croissant. Like the one I had ordered when I last went to the bakery. Haven't been there since me and Izzy broke up.