ii/iv

T W O ( 2 ) -  K I M M Y   W A T C H 

It would be better to go to school. I could blend in with everyone. There were people I knew here. And I could keep my eye on Izzy. Make sure she's not going to far into this cult thing. 

After being watched by Syd, Harrison and then Fangs and Bowie I had enough. I didn't want to be stuck at home anymore. Kurt got to go to school and get a personal driver- mom. But that was because he thinks whatever mom told him. 

She hasn't told him that our father is coming back.

I also didn't want to be watched by Sweet Pea. When he didn't let go of my hand when we met was really awkward. I can't imagine what he would do if he were to be alone with me- he'd probably combust.

For a tough guy he's not so tough.

"She's dozing off again." Bowie's voice cut through my thoughts like a knife. What was it with everyone calling me out on that? Couldn't a girl just doze off everyone once in a while.

I looked at her. "Listen I am just fine."

"No you're not. And that would be okay if you were to admit it to yourself. However that's another problem to deal with. We found out that Betty's mom sent her to the sisters of quiet mercy- that's where she's been this whole time." Syd brought it up that she hadn't seen her in a while a few days ago.

"Wow. Is she okay, heard that place is nightmare." 

"She is." 

I almost hit my head on my locker with how I jumped back onto it. What the hell was it with people just coming up out of nowhere. I see Jughead- where was he this whole time?

"Haven't you been missing too?" I ask him and he gives a short nod.

"I heard the serpents are protecting you. Tried to ask Fangs and Sweet Pea but they didn't know and then I asked Hanks and Syd and they wouldn't tell me." He was always the sleuth that kid. But that means Syd didn't tell him? Did she tell anyone what I told her?

I looked to her and she didn't say anything.

"Maybe this can wait until we're not on school grounds." I didn't pose it as a question.

"Okay, come to tent city tomorrow. I've got an announcement to make anyways."  And with that he was gone.

I watch him walk away. "Is he always- just like that?" 

"We're not really close with him like that. But hasn't he always been?" Syd answers me and I can hear Bowie laugh.

-

I opened the door with Bowie and Syd behind me. Tonight was just supposed to be a normal night. A girls night. My brother and my mom were due home after five and after that the girls were going to leave?

They didn't say they would I'm just assuming.

Instead of putting my bag down on the floor I keep it with me as we all settle into the living room. The girls sit down while sharing looks with each other- what was it for? 

"Is something happening?" I ask them and they look at me instantly.

"I'm just gonna go use the bathroom- I know where it is." Bowie said quickly.

She got up from her seat on the couch and really quietly walked to the bathroom. Very weirdly and quietly. I watch her pass until she's out of sight and I look to Syd. She's got her finger pressed to her lips.

Oh god.

He's here?

I held my breath as we both waited for anything. A noise, a scream, something. 

But it never came. 

Instead I could hear chuckling and mumbling. 

"Bowie?" Syd called out to her and within another second she came back to the living room with a guest. Sweet Pea. 

I sot out of my seat. "What the hell?! You were in my house?!" 

His hands shout up in defense. "Hey no one let me know that you already had people watching you. I thought it was my day so- your mom let me in this morning." He explained- damn now I feel bad. But I mean he was just in my house hanging out? What was he doing here all by himself?

"you didn't think to text anyone when you were in an empty house?" It wasn't odd to him that the person he was supposed to be watching was, I don't know, not in his presence? 

"Not his fault, we forgot to let him know. Sorry." Bowie spoke up and joined me and Syd back on the couch.

Maybe I shouldn't be that hard on him. I mean I doubt living the life of a gang member is lavish. Maybe he just wanted to stay here for a bit. Who knows what kind of home life he has. I shouldn't be one to judge.

"It's fine." I let him know and he nodded his head. Yet he stood there with his arms crossed still staring at me. "Do you wanna stay?"

At my question his whole posture changed. Shaking his head, he pointed to the door and with no words he let himself out. I watched confused for a moment until I heard two laughing girls. 

Bowie and Syd were holding their chests, trying to catch a breath. What about this was funny?

"Why are you guys laughing?" I asked.

It took a while for their fits and giggles to die down. And when they did Syd answered me. "Sorry it's just- that six foot two guy is completely flustered around you."

"No he's not." I shoot back quickly. NO way that could be possible. I mean he just met me not too long ago. He barely knows anything about me. Come on this type of thing only happens in fictional books and movies.

Bowie looked at me.

"Yeah he is. But it's a good thing- Josie and him are like this on and off again thing. Maybe he's finally getting over her." She raises her eyebrows which makes me shake my head in disagreement.

"So he can get under me? I highly doubt that."