Seeing Red: In the Now

| chapter 2 |

I'm 16 years old now... I've been fighting along side Clancy for a total of six years. They have been the best six years of my life, and I could not be happier.

I was walking around the camp, E.D.O., that afternoon, doing my daily afternoon walk. Clancy was busy inside the main cabin doing typical Clancy Gray stuff. There are no secrets with us two because I trust him.

I've trusted him since the day I met him.

"Hey Amara." One girl, a Blue, says to me.

As I'm walking past her, I nod and respond with a 'hi'. The first set of kids that ever arrived here knew I was a Red, but over the years I've been hiding it... for everyone's sake. Yes it was a mutual descision with Clancy and I, but we both want peace and safety for the safe haven we call home, so I made the choice to hide my powers.

The large majority of the camp might have forgotten, or never have known I am a Red, but as long as everyone is safe... then that is all that matters.

The wind blew through my dark hair as I made my way around. A minute or so later, one boy with the name of Michael runs up to me. "Hey Amara, Clancy told me that he wanted to see you."

My first instinct was different than all the other times he's called me. We dont have cell phones anymore so its not like he can send me a text and I'm there. "Okay, thank you." Is all I say before walking away from the Green.

I make my way to Clancy's cabin and enter with no hesitation. "Princess? Is that you?" I hear.

"Yes my love I'm here." I respond, walking in more to find my boyfriend standing by the bed we share. His light hair is a bit messy from the day spent and his natural dark eyes are filled with the normal excitment a teenage boy should get when he sees his girlfriend. "Is everything okay?"

Clancy steps over to me, closing the space between us. His arms wrap around my waist, pulling me in to embrace him. His head is buried in the crook of my neck, his lips planting a soft kiss on the skin. I cant help but giggle, responding by placing my hands on the back of his head, running through his hair.

These were the days I lived and breathed and fought so hard for... the days where we put our colors aside and act like normal teenagers. 

Clancy finally answers my question. "Yeah I'm fine I just missed you is all."

"You saw me this morning!"

"Yeah I know that's too long of me being without you my hothead princess." He says, and I tense up. He used that word. Clancy must have known and looks at me. In his face you could tell he was worried that he would see red in my eyes and not gray. "Shit, sorry... it kinda slipped."

I let my arms fall off of him and slip away, walking toward the other side of the room and sitting on the edge of the bed. "Well, we don't call you 'Slip Kid' for nothing." 

Clancy chuckles, looking down and walking my direction. When he's standing in front of me, he runs his hand through my hair, giving me his sweet look. I know this look when he wants something... when he wants me.

"You're so cute Amara." He comments.

I close my eyes and enjoy this moment... this light burning feeling in my heart. The burning feeling I get whenever I'm with him. Only with him... forever with him. 

He leans down to kiss me, cupping the side of my face with his hands as his lips are on mine. I reach up to do the same to his face. I then feel him fall down on top of me, my back hitting the mattress. Clancy's on top of me, and the sunlight shining on his features is divine. 

The little things that make me love him more than I already do. 

One of his hands reach to grab my thigh, which forces me to be pulled in closer, leaving no space between us at all. Just as his shirt was about to about to disappear, there came a knock to the door. It causes us to stop and just lay there, giggling.

He sighs. "Am I ever going to get alone time with you? You're killin me in those shorts princess."

I gasp, hitting his shoulder. "THATS why you wanted me in here? Because of my shorts?" 

As we sit up together, he continues, "Well I mean, you've been killin me these past couple of days. I need you."

I flip my hair, sarcastically saying, "Well, me and my shorts are going to go check on the dinner menu in the Meal Cabin."

"Not right now though." He grabs my arm and pulls me back into him, not wasting any time kissing me again. 

I break free from him and say, "There are people outside!"

"True." He mutters upon my lips. Then, with a sigh, he says aloud, "Come in!" and the door opened.