Seeing Red: Soon-To-Be

| chapter 8 |

Present Day

That walk to clear my head didn't do me that well like I had hoped. All it did was make me replay the memories of when Clancy and I first arrived at East River... when I discovered I was Red... and when I began this entire journey.

I was in the woods, walking the path I've known for the past two/three years. I always walk this path with Clancy... but this isn't my first time walking this without him.

I'm so used to him always being there and supporting me... but this fight that I just left makes me want to see things from a whole new perspective. Maybe it was all my fault? He was trying to love me and calm me down, but I pushed him away because I was jealous of him and Ruby.

The idea of my friendship with Liam Stewart and how close him and I are doesn't help. Clancy somewhat has every right to be jealous. Your girlfriend of 6 years all of a sudden is looking at someone else the way she looks at you...

Maybe we're just both hypocrites. We say what we think, but it also applies to exposing our own selves. Clancy is jealous of Liam, and I am jealous of Ruby... but what needed to be put out there is that, at the end of the day, it's Liam and Ruby.

Orange and Blue... together.

And at the end of our day, it's Clancy and I.

Orange and Red... hopefully together.

Clancy wouldn't break up with me even if he could. I would have no where else to go, and we've been by each other's side for years... he's all I have. And ever since his father went against him during the experiments, I am all he has.

That's how it's been, and although I hope it's not that way forever, it just is.

Was.

Might be...

Ugh, im so confused!?

When I gave up on the walk around the path, i returned to the camp. With my back pack still attached to me, I started thinking about where I would stay for the next couple of days. I needed to take a break from Clancy... just to find myself again and to figure out what the hell to do next.

I figured at some point I'd either come back slowly or all at once. Which ever one it is,I hope that it is the right choice.

"Hey, Amara." I see Liam and he's speed-walking my way. I catch the worried look on his face for just a second, but when I try to find it again its gone. "Is everything alright? I've been looking all over for you."

Liam was looking for me? Wait... or is Clancy pulling some kind of trick?

"Well I'm here. You found me." I say to him.

I guess he noticed the bag and begins interrogating me. "You goin somewhere?"

I think about what to say without exposing myself and/or Clancy and the argument. "Uh... no?" It was more a question than anything, but I had no clue how to say it.

Liam continues, "Okay... Clancy was just asking around where you were because he wanted to talk to you..." he pauses before saying, "and I'm guessing based on the bag that you weren't wanting to see him."

I chuckle with sarcasm. "Haha, you're so smart, Liam. You sure you aint a Green?"

He chuckles with me, "I'm sure." And when he looks at me completely, I see it in his eyes. The spark... and then I saw it.

The way Liam looks at me, it's not the way Clancy does... its different. A good different... and I concluded that I didn't just liked it... I loved it.

That was when the new feeling punched me in the gut, but I wasnt scared. The new feeling... was love.

Love at first sight with Liam Stewart...

Holy shit... I'm in love with Liam!

Then it hit me again... what do I do with Clancy?