Seeing Red: Perfect

| chapter 4 |

Clancy just looks at me, and I know what he wants. He wants me to admit it... but he should know me well enough.

"Amara, come on... yes, she's an Orange, and I may start spending time with her, but she should know how to control her abilities. You remember how I was when we first met." He states. I couldn't help but form a small smile when he said 'when we first met'. Clancy chuckles, trying to get closer to me. "Is that a smile I see?" 

"No." I say quickly. It's a lie... I was smiling.

He gasps. "Yes you are! You are smiling!" Clancy is now almost on top of me, tickling me. I didn't want to get sucked into admitting being happy and cool with everything. My laughter said other wise.

"CLANCE! CLANCE! STOP IT!" I'm almost yelling, but my laughter takes over some of the volume. 

He's smiling and laughing with me now. "Do you still love me?"

"Of course I do now STAAAAAAAP!!!" I'm rolling onto my side, getting back at Clancy to then only finding myself on top. I've placed myself in his lap, my legs sitting on both sides of him. His shirt rolled up just a little bit, so the skin of his waist and stomach was in perfect view. 

My fingers started messing with the bottom hem of it, silence growing. The only sound between us became the sound of our steady breathing in somewhat opposing sync. The light in the room was almost a pale gold, but that was just from the sun shining in from the window.

Our hands met and our fingers intertwined with each others. Clancy sat up and said softly, "I love you..."

Wait... what?

I leaned back just a little bit, gazing into his dark eyes. "What did you say?"

I think he was just as surprised as me, but has confidence when he says, "I love you."

This was the first time I think I've ever heard him actually say those three little words. I felt the same way, absolutely, but those three words are dangerous.

Very dangerous...

Maybe more dangerous than I.

The space between us was killing me. I was desperate to feel his kiss more than ever. "Maybe we should finish what we started?" I bit my lip.

He grins, plants his hands on the back of my head in my hair and pulls me into him. Our lips moved in perfect synchronization now with my hands moving slowly into his hair, tugging at the soft curls no one sees at first glance.

These were the days we lived for. The days where everything is the way it should. The days where its just him and I together... and that's all that matters.