Seeing Red: Trapped

| chapter 16 |

I couldnt decide if this was fear or excitment. I always liked it when Clancy looked at me. When his eyes would be all on me. Making me feel alive. Now, here I have his full attention. Does he see the tiredness in the gray eyes he fell for? Or does he need a little Red charm to get the big picture?

Then, quickly, we are drawn to each other. I didnt realize how closely i was standing to him. I stepped back just a little bit for space... and safety. "Since when have you ever backed up away from me, princess?"

His voice... that wretched, lovely pet name... he's calling for me. He's searching... searching for a younger me.

I feel fully forced to fall on my knees, looking up at him. Orange eyes. "Amara... my sweet, beautiful princess..."

Dont. If you still have some sanity, dont.

"Let me erase the bad... forget all of this happened. You'd be clean and fireproof." Clancy is persuading wrong. I wont let him. Not this time.

"No..." I muttered.

"Amara." His tone is sharp and demanding. "You have no clue the things I have done for you."

"Oh yeah?" I test him. "Sort yourself out next time you plan on killing your ex-girlfriend."

I didnt say that.

I didnt say that.

I didnt say that.

"What?"

"AMARA! WATCH OUT!" Ruby yells. I look up and see one of the helicopters beginning the giant plummet to the ground. Clancy releases me from his control, and I'm on my feet making a run for it. I thought he was behind me, but i didnt realize i was wrong until I was standing beside Ruby.

The helicopter was going to crash... catch on fire...

Fire...

Oh my God... if Clancy was killed in a fire I would never forgive myself.

Why the hell isnt he moving out of the way dammit?!

There was no thought to this action; I ran to him. I ran as fast as i could, ignoring everybody calling my name.

The world was crumbling and beginning for forgiveness on its knees. I had set the world on fire with just the snap of my fingers.

In Clancy's flickering eyes, I searched for the monster. I searched for the kid that has lied and destroyed my life, but has made it something lovely. But I couldnt find it here. Here, he was just Clance... my Clance.

I think it was here he was seeing the world my way... he was seeing red.