Chapter 3

Daveed and Rafa were sitting outside on the porch of their favorite restaurant. Rafa started out at the shining city and a idea came to his thoughts. "Daveed, I've got an idea." He said and started jotting down lyrics. Daveed looked across the table and read them, "Bruh, that is some deep shit and I like them." Rafa beamed at him and wrote a couple more words. "I think this outside thing is totally weird." Daveed said, the wind blowing his curls. Rafa noticed this, his face blushing as he remembered his dream, pressing his face into those curls and Daveed pounded into him. "Rafa, you good bruh?" Rafa came back to reality and nodded, feeling his face warm up.

"Yeah, but I think we are closing to start rapping these lyrics in the studio though bro." Rafa said, taking a sip of his drink. Daveed nodded, looking over at Rafa's face. He went back to his dream as those lips kissed him roughly, his tongue reaching the back of his throat. Rafa looked at Daveed, who was staring at him and stared back. Daveed realized that Rafa was staring at him so he started back. Neither of them were blinking, just two dudes, staring at each other, totally in a non gay way. Daveed started at his emerald green eyes, Rafa reaching up to touch him. "Hey Daveed," Rafa said. "What," Daveed responded. "This is just like that scene from Blindspotting." Rafa said before laughing. Daveed glared at him, "Dude, shut up."

(Time skip to Rafa's house)

The two friends were sitting in Daveed's living room, and Lin and Chris were sitting there too. Lin was telling a corny joke, Chris was watching the game, and Rafa and Daveed were listening to Lin. "A horse walks into a bar and the bartender says, 'Why the long face?'". Rafa instantly started laughing and Daveed sat there, confused. "I don't get it." He said. Chris leaned over, "Horses have long faces." Daveed pondered for a moment but then chuckled. "You're so stupid, man." Lin smiled, "Oh trust me, I know." Rafa looked at Chris and scooched closer to him so he could watch too.

Daveed noticed that and suddenly felt this jealously rise from inside him. Why am I feeling this way, I'm not even with Rafa, he thought. But the jealously rose as he noticed them two talking quietly between themselves. "Dude, you good?" Lin asked him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, I'm fine." Chris looked up from the TV, " How about we play some truth or dare?" Rafa scoffed, "That's like for teenagers." Lin smirked, "So? I'm in." Daveed shrugged, chugging some of his drink, "Sure it doesn't matter to me."

Chris started, "Lin, truth or dare?" Lin sat there and thought for a second. "Truth, just to be safe." He stated and Chris thought for a minute. " Do you like Jonathan Groff?" Lin shook his head, " Dude, I'm married an have two kids." Rafa scoffed, "Bruh, answer the fucking question. That isn't a fucking reason. So what of you have a wife and kids, do you like him is the question. Don't give us that bullshit." Daveed laughed and Chris chuckled, Lin looked dumbstruck. "So, do you like him or no?" Rafa demanded, looking Lin in the eyes. "Well, I mean, he's attractive.." Lin said and Chris clapped. "Yas, I knew it, I so knew it. You guys would be so cute together." Daveed looked over at Chris. "Dude, you are 43, stop acting like you are in your fucking teens." They all laughed.

The game went on and things started to get heated. They were now on who you had sex with, your best kiss, your favorite position.. (that was deep) and so on. It was Chris turn again, " Daveed, do you like Rafa?" Daveed nodded. "Yes." Everyone gasped. "As a friend, and a friend only." Lin smirked, "Sure, my turn." "Daveed, do you love Rafa, yes or no. And the truth would be my preference." Daveed started to blush a little. "Um, uh..". Rafa looked confused, "Dude, it's a yes or no." Please say yes, please say yes, he was shouting in his head. Chris was smiling, "He's hesitating, he totally loves him." Rafa's eyes grew wide, " Do you really?" Daveed looked at him and back at his friends. He took in a deep breath and said in his strongest and deepest voice, "No I do not."