Brooke Ainsley

Without any rush, time went by.. slowly and painfully. My heart soon began to mend itself back whole. 

Did I still love Connor?

Yes... but I needed to move on.

One month before Connor would be going to Spain. I grab my black duffel bag for cheer and dash to the gym. I've been so low on energy that I slept in too long and was running late for cheer practice. I couldn't believe how late I was, cheer starts at 4 and it was 4:30. You may think oh that's not super late. But in Brooke time that might as well be 3 hours late.

"Ow!" I screamed as I bumped into a rock hard chest and fell to the ground.

I see and hand held out towards me. That light beige skin and veins popping out. I immediately can tell who it was. Mentally slapping myself for bumping into him, I grab Connor's hand as he helps me up.

This wasn't our first run in with each other since the break up. Per usual encounters like this one were as awkward as to be expected. We exchanged the friendly hellos' and awkwardly staring at random thing, trying not to make eye contact. I tried to keep each conversation with Connor as minimal as possible.

I try making my way to the end of this uncomfortable conversation. "Well it's been nice catching up, but I'm running late for cheer. We both know it's not good to anger Brooke."

"Oh yeah I totally get it, I'll see ya later."

"Bye" I awkwardly turn and head to the gym.

♡♡♡

"You're late Lillian!" That annoying voice of course who else could it be Brooke Ainsley, yup one of the many girls still gaga-ing over their night with Corbin Mills. 

Ever since her night with him she's felt superior to everyone else, man would I love to shove it in her face that she wasn't the only cheerleader that he hooked up with. 

Snap out of it Lily! 

Why can't that night get out of my mind? All it was, was some meaningless hook up. Right? I was just one of the random girls he hooked up with. Although there was that was question that always lingered in the back of my mind... why would the Corbin Mills sleep with me? It's not cause I wasn't popular or meet the standards. If you check his list of one nighters you have, Brooke, Kelsey Davis, Sophia Lewis, and well the list goes on. The one thing all of these girls have in common besides being popular and wealthy are, they're all blonde. Sounds weird I know but I guess he's got a type. 

So why would he bother a night with me? Just a plain old girl with loose wavy brown hair. What made me different - the outlier? 

"Earth to Lillian," Brooke waves her hand back in forth in my face.

To be fair I was only 45 minutes late to be fair, I could have not come. Well if I didn't Brooke would loose her marbles. Jenny Camp was sick and yet she came, and I mean the full on flu sick. Brooke told her that she had to come or else she would go to Jenny's dorm and drag her ass to the gym. You'd think she'd be lying but no.

"Sorry, I've been a bit tired lately."

"Excuses are for the weak and simple-minded," since the first day I meat her I've know one thing about Brooke Ainsley. She loves to boss everyone and anyone around. She basically bullied all the cheerleader into voting her head cheer. "Get into formation ladies! We don't got all day here!"

Practice was going okay for the most part, but I still was a bit weary. I was light headed just walking, I mean after doing a couple flips I would get it, but all it took was me walking into my spot.