Positive

I awake at the sound of pounding on the mahogany doors of our dorm room. I lift my head from my pillow, and drag my finger through my hair to remove the staticness. I let out a small yawn, who the hell is disturbing my sleep? 

I twist the knob on my lamp to turn it on. My eyes start to readjust to the light and I look down to see that I'm still wearing my cheerleading uniform, I never changed out of it. 

I turn my head towards the gold rimmed clock on Lucie's side of the room "Who the hell is at our door at 4:37 a.m.?"

"What?" she mumbles. "Oh right!" Lucie jumps out of her bed, placing her feet into the llama fur slippers I had gotten her for her birthday. She heads straight to the door, turning on the main light fixture.

"Expecting someone?" I asked rubbing my eyes with the side of my hand.

She replies, "No. we are expecting someone." Her eyes glow as she heads to the door with a huge smile.

What the hell does that mean we are expecting someone. Why act so mysterious? It's 4 in the morning and yet she still has energy. Anyways know one should be out of their dorms until 6, so I feel bad for the poor sucker when they get caught.

 Lucie turns the knob on our door, "Wait..." I exclaimed.

"What?" Lucie lifts her hand of the door knob.

"What if it's a murderer or something." I don't know why Lucie found it so funny, but she just bursts out laughing.

"Lils if it was a murderer than I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be knocking." 

"What if they're a nice murderer?" I shrug my shoulder as my eyes widen. No one should be knocking at someones door at 4 a.m. that just ain't right. Sleep if one of the few things I've enjoyed recently and every minute awake is another minute wasted. 

"Seriously?" Lucie said deadpan. "If they are a nice murder then that's too bad." Lucie opens the door and squeals in excitement.

The she was. There was Maisy at the door.

She barges into our room holding a plastic bag from CVS and flings the bag of her shoulder. Going straight to Lucie's bed Maisy dumps out the bag.

"Okay, so I didn't know which one to get so I got all of them, and if my parents ask I never bought these, someone stole my credit card." Maisy's turned around facing Lucie and I, with a huge smile on her face almost as big as Lucie's. 

I look at Lucie's bed and see what Maisy bought, that's it they've gone mental. Seriously who do they think they're dealing with? I get straight A's and the worst thing I've ever done at this school is cheat of some freshman know it all, but he had that coming. 

On Lucie's bed lie five, no six pregnancy test.

I stare at them blankly nodding my, making sure they know that they're being idiots right now.

"Look," Lucie says before I try to speak, "You know we love you, but if there even is a small possibility your pregnant, it's better to find out sooner than later."

Their faces said it all, the two of them were genuinely concerned for me. I get they're trying to be good friends, but this one takes the cake. I take a long stare at them and they both glare back at me. 

"You can choose, once you take one of these we'll drop this entirely, or you don't and we keeping pressing you on it." Lucie added.

I nod my head.

Then Lucie's pulls out those puppy eyes and I crack.

I guess if taking a pregnancy test is what it takes for them to drop it I accept.

Rolling my eyes I mutter, "Fine. But you need to promise me you'll actually drop it. We can't do this all year."

They both nod their head in agreement, so I pick up one of the boxes and read 99.9% accurate, yeah right. I grabbed some water to drink, gulping down the water I could feel their eyes one me. I finally had to pee and head to the bathroom, breaking the silence. 

There was no way I was pregnant, I didn't have to worry. I pee on the stick and set a timer for five minutes like the box says. 

After finishing up I head out of the bathroom and grab a bag of chips out of the kitchen. I then go to sit at my vintage vanity mirror. I gaze into the mirror and my piercing blue eyes stare back at me. Was it possible? Could I actually be preg-... the timer goes off. Both of them rush to my side, I try to hide the result with my hands as I flip over the stick.

I gasp, "Oh. My. God" my voice was shaky. Not being able to comprehend what it had just said letting the stick drop onto the floor, before I can pick it up Lucie snatches it and they both look at it. Maisy squeal, while me and Lucie remain frozen.

"Well, you have to tell Connor" Maisy says

I'm in denial but yet confused by what Maisy had just said.

"What?" I respond with.

Maisy asks, "Well who else have you slept with since you two broke up?" 

Before I can let out a syllable, Lucie interrupts, "okay, Maisy it's still early and well you still got time to sleep before class. So, how about we all get back to sleep and decide what to do in the morning." Lucie goes on to say, "Let's give Lily some time to sink this in"

Maisy nods and heads out the door. Once the door closes I scream "What the hell, Luce?"

"Look, I told Maisy that all that happened between you and Corbin was that you guys talked."

"You're kidding, right?" I say

Lucie shakes her head side to side. "What am I suppose to say to her that you hooked up with the man she's had dibs on since day one of Fremont?"

I widen my eyes letting my mouth drop. "You two literally said it was okay!"

"Well we never thought you would actually go through with it" Lucie goes on to say "Who knows it could actually be Connor's. When's the last time you and Connor, you know did it?"

I give Lucie a death stare, nodding my head, "Three-ish months ago"

"Oh. Well hey we still don't know." Lucie's voice is hesitant as she put on a smile for me. I can already tell she knows it's not Connor's, but out of pity she tries to comfort me. "You and me are skipping class in the morning and heading to the doctors."

"You do realize, that we have to pay for that visit, right? If my parents see that bill for a ultra sound they will drag my ass out of this school."

"Okay well, we'll charge it to mine. I've already scared my parent with this before and I know a great place where the results are kept confidential."

I sigh and nod my head, how the hell am I going to keep this a secret. 

I head to my bed and lie under the covers, rubbing my stomach in a circle. If this is true, if this gets out it won't make the school paper, it will reach the frisking news. I'm literally carrying Fremont royalty, not to mention Corbin's dad is like a billionaire, he's made Forbes' 30 under 30.

To the world I'm gonna seem like some slut who purposely to impregnate herself so she could get rich. I can try to deny it, who am I kidding it doesn't matter what I say as long as the media has a story they don't care about the facts.

My mind began to drift off even farther, if this was Connor's baby then I would have felt the symptoms sooner. Yeah. Wouldn't I have?  I plop my hands and drag them down my face. Oh shit. The symptoms only started about a week after I slept with Corbin. 

Rolling around in my head, I could sense Lucie was worried about me.

I turn myself towards her. "Hey, you okay Lily?" 

"What?  I mean yeah."

"Oh okay, well goodnight." she smiles closing her eyelids.

"Night." I said twisting the knob of my lamp.