Doctor's Visit

It's been about two weeks since I told Corbin. I've heard nothing back, I'm surprised the douche didn't tell his friends and making me the girl who cried wolf.

Lucie has kept her distance, not pushing me to say anything about my talk with Kaylyn. Even though I know she really wants too.

I'm officially 10 weeks pregnant today, thank god the daily morning trip to the bathroom has stopped. It's no fun to wake up every morning and then have to run to the bathroom.

"Wake up!" I hear as my soft plush blanket is being hauled off of me.

"No," I groan. "It's Friday class doesn't start till 12 let me sleep, women."

"Ugh! Lily wake the god damn up we got your doctor's appointment at 9."

I shot straight up from my bed, my doctor's visit. I completely forgot with everything going on today was the last thing on my mind. I get to see my baby on the screen again.

I tuck the hair in front of my face behind my ear and walk to my closet. I choose a light pink cropped hoodie and a pair of black yoga pants. Lucie being the morning bird she is, is already dressed. She's wearing a white spaghetti strap top dark grey sweatpants with her hair is a messy bun.

"Let's go!" It's already 8:20 and man are I tired, but no coffee for me. I grab my car keys and we head out."

I feel the buzzing of my phone from my back pocket as I make it to the parking lot. I grab it to find Maisy texted me.

Maisy: Hey

Lily: Hiya

Maisy: Wanna hang out?

Lily: Can't I'm busy rn but maybe after class?

Maisy: Sure

Maisy: Where are you going to?

Lily: Study group at the library.

I lie, I know I'll eventually have to tell her but that's for future Lily to figure out. Hopefully, she won't be too mad.

Maisy: Cool see you later

The drive was quite uneventful besides the twenty minutes we spent blasting our hearts out to T-Swift.

We step out of the car and head into the doctors' office. All I can think about is what my baby will look like sure I've seen pictures of him or her before, but it feels different more real I guess. I just finished my first trimester, three months down, six more to go!

"Hi girls," were greeted as we enter through the wooden doors.

"Hi!" I respond back with a friendly smile. We head towards the front desk to get everything sorted out.

"Okay girls please sit down in the waiting room and Doctor Lindsey should be out shortly," She says with a soft tone.

New nurse, already likes her better than the first one.

We wait a couple of minutes before I hear "Lucie Miller?"

"Here," we both say in unison, once again I have to nudge Lucie's side.

"Ow," she murmurs under her breath. I nudge her once again. "I mean she's here," with a ginormous grin of her face, by Dr. Lindsey's look I don't think she's exactly buying this whole cover story.

But anyways she plays along and takes the two of us into a room. I lie down in the chair anxiously waiting to see my baby again. Dr. Lindsey ask me a few questions about how I'm doing and I reply with simple answers.

"Okay let's start the ultrasound..." she trails off grabbing the machine and getting set up.

I feel that I'm practically squirming from the excitement. I notice Lucie sitting in the corner quietly observing. According to Dr. Lindsey, I should be seeing my baby taking on a human shape since he or she is forming bones.

I lift my hoodie up a bit and feel the cold gel being rubbed against my stomach. "Alrighty let's see what's going on." She remains silent for a minute until she finally speaks up again pointing at the screen. "You see here," she begins using her finger in a circular motion to indicate my little baby. Your baby is about the size of a prune right now, you're ten weeks so in about a week your baby will develop its hearing. I highly recommend you try to talk to it frequently so they can recognize your voice when it's born."

I began to tear up a bit from seeing my baby. From the corner of my eye, I notice Lucie reaches into her bag. She pulls out a napkin which I thought she was gonna give me too wipe's my tears off, but instead of handing it to me she uses for herself.

I politely nod to Dr. Lindsey and she hands me a paper towel so I can wipe off the gel from my stomach.

She continues to talk about scheduling our next appointment and more information about what will be happening to my body soon. Like how I'll start to show within the next couple of weeks, which terrifies the hell out of me. How am I suppose to keep this a secret anymore?

Once done, we bid our farewell and Lucie and I head back to the car.

Not even five steps out the door before Lucie turns around with an enormous smile. "OMG! I was trying to keep it cool in there, but legit I wanted to freak out. I'm going to be an aunty. I gonna spoil the heck out of that kid." She squeals opening the door to the car.

Even if my baby can't hear me yet I rub my belly and whisper, "we're in trouble." Which causes me to chuckle a little.

A/N

super sorry this is a bit of a filler chapter but I promise drama will go down... like within the next few chapters ;)

I also wanted just to give a huge thanks to every one of my readers, we've reached 900 views which is crazy to think about so thank you all!!!

Plz vote • comment • share

see you next week!

~J 💋