We Need To Talk

"Lily?" Lucie snaps to pull me out of my day dreaming. She's currently rummaging through our room trying to find everything she needs for her trip.

"Yes?" I reply back, trying to choose an outfit for today. It's actually getting harder to hide my bump. Even though there's no use since the whole school already knows. But maybe if I hide it well enough then people will think the rumors are false.

Who am I kidding? Connor practically told the whole hockey team he was gonna be a dad. I haven't talked to him since even though we were suppose to meet up I texted him I wasn't feeling well. He was persistent to come and check up on me but I told him no.

"Are you sure you don't want to come on cheer retreat?" She begs me. The great cheer retreat, every year the cheerleading team takes a trip to some exotic place for a week to 'bond.' They leave tomorrow for Bora Bora I think. Even though we just get wasted and make out with any boy we find. I only got wasted last year since I had a boyfriend at the time but Lucie she went full out new boy every night.

I found the perfect outfit, an oversized pink Gucci hoodie paired with black joggers. I turn around to face Lucie and tell her, "I'm off the cheerleading team remember?"

"I know but it's our tradition, and I'm sure no one would mind some extra support." Extra support that's funny cause the whole cheerleading team thinks I'm a slut well besides Lucie and Riley. The power of Brooke Ainsley I guess, she can turn the whole school against you with a snap of her fingers.

"Luc you know I love you, but not enough to make me sit on 16 hour plane ride pregnant, and stuck with Brooke and Maisy."

"I'm heading to cheer practice and we'll probably leave in a couple hours if you still want to come," she says grabbing her bags.

"I won't" I tell her.

"Fine, but when I get back from the trip we're having girls day. Okay?" She tells me right before she exits the door.

♡♡♡

I meet with Elizabeth at lunch in the courtyard, since my only friends at the school are on a trip. She's in my calculus class and is so kind but parties hard so I don't hand out with her that much. At the Alpha Sigma party she played all the rounds of cup pong, chugged who knows how much of the keg, and I'm pretty sure made out with half of the football and hockey team.

My phone buzzes on the table and I check my new text message

Connor: Hey when ur feeling better can we talk?

I groan at his text catching the eye of Elizabeth?

"Trouble in paradise?" she says running her hand through her luxurious blond hair.

"You could say that."

"Anyways do you want to go out tonight? I know this great party going on off campus its suppose to be the best party of the year!"

"Can't. You know pregnant" I say pointing down to my stomach

"Oh so you really are pregnant?"

"I mean the whole school knows so might as well start confirming it" I shrug

"I mean you coul-" she stops mid-sentence before her jaw drops and she leans closer towards me, whispering, "don't look now but there's a hottie come right your way." I give her confused look, "Corbin Madison" she says with a smirk on her face.

Wait what? Why is coming over here? We haven't talked in weeks. What could he possibly want?

"Lily" I hear his voice and turn around. He looks good. What am I thinking? He hurt me but he still looks fine in that shirt that shows off his muscles. "We need to talk?" What is it with boys always needing to talk? But when I want to it's not enough for them.

"Okay talk," I demand.

"In private," he says eyeing towards Lizzie, I groan and roll my eyes.

"Lizzie I'll be back" I stand up and start walking behind him.

"Okay," she says in a high pitch voice, with a huge grin on her face.

While walking I see people giving us weird glares and even hear some of the whispers.

'What is she doing with him?'

'Once a slut always a slut.'

'Isn't she suppose to be Connor Greene's?'

We head to the side of a building, it's surrounded by trees and bushes which keeps us hidden. But a lot of people saw us enter so there's really no point.

"What did you want Corbin?" I ask him.

"Why the hell would you tell people that Connor was the dad if you told me I was?"

"First of all I didn't tell everyone he did. Second of all you are the dad but you didn't want to step up." I explain to him.

"So you just told him he was going to be a father?" He questions me with an angry tone.

"I didn't tell him necessarily, I mean I told him I was pregnant he's the one who assumed he was the dad."

"Wait so you're telling me you let him believe this?" I nod my head. "What happens when the baby comes out not looking like him? What happens when the baby comes months later than he expects?"

"Those are all just issues to be solved later down the road" I tell him, but those were good questions he's gonna expects the baby three months before he or she is ready. The baby wouldn't looks so far off though I'm brunette and he's blonde. It'll just be as if the baby gets my hair color. But Connors skin tone is a bit darker than me and Corbins. It could skip a generation right?

"You're sick!" he tell me with a disgusted look on his face. He was right. I didn't want to admit it, but this is just another game I'm somehow always end up playing, and everyone's gonna get hurt again.

"Why do you care anyways?" I'm on the brink of crying but I manage to hold them in. "It's not like you wanted to be a dad anyways."

"I may not want to be a part of the baby's life but it's still mine, and when it comes out looking nothing like Connor he'll find out." That's what he ends off with before storming out on me.

What have I done?

I lean against the buildings sobbing trying to make myself seem less like a mess before I return to Lizzie.

That's when I hear the bushes move was someone there? I walk towards the bushes and see no one there. Probably a chipmunk or something.

A/N

Was it really a chipmunk?

Hope you enjoyed the new chapter ;)

Don't forget to vote • comment • share

~J 💋