I Am

It's become a solid two minutes of me asking Connor a bunch of questions, and also me not letting him answer any of them. Then my mind wanders off not knowing what other questions to bombard him with. This isn't real... why is he here?

"Look Lily we need to talk" I nod in agreement and I suggest we go back to my room for more privacy.

I enter my room and sit down on my bed and he sits down beside me.

"So how have you been?"

Seriously that's what he starts the conversation with.

"I've been doing good" I lie, "How about you?

"Same."

We both just stare off to random places avoiding having to look at each other.

"What are we doing?" my head snaps towards him, and I give him a questioning look. "I miss the old times when you and I could talk for hours." I missed that too, but we broke up, no he broke up with me. What did he expect?

"Well that's what happens when two people break up" he has a sorry look in his eyes those beautiful hazel puppy dog eyes, which makes me want to forget about everything. At that moment it was just us, no break-up. No baby. No Corbin.  Stay focused Lily! 

"So what are you really doing here, cause before you left we were barely on speaking terms and now you want to be buddy-buddy?" He won't look me in the eye and doesn't reply. "I thought the Spain trip ends in a couple of weeks?"

"Oh yeah it does but Maisy reached out and had some news for me so I came back to see if it was true in person."

Maisy. She did it, didn't she? It's not her right to. I'm the one who's carrying this baby. Oh god, I should've just told her the truth, why didn't I just tell her the truth?

"I know this sounds absurd.. but is there a chance you're pregnant?"

I took a deep breath in, what do I tell the boy I once loved and might still love? Saying yes would mean I'd have to tell him it's not his but the person he hates the most in the world. But saying no would just be another lie, and these lies are just coming back to get me.

I feel my tears building and when one tear falls Connor softly wipe it off my cheek. "I am, I didn't mean for it to happen I really didn't. It... it just did." I break down bawling my eyes out and Connor wraps his arms around me. 

We stay like that for a few minutes before his phone rings. He grabs his phone out of his back pocket. "It's the mother, I'm going to go, but can we talk more about this tomorrow?" I give him a questioning look, what is there to talk about? The "huge" secret is out, although it went a lot easier than I thought. He stands up and opens the door, "about how we're gonna raise our baby together." 

I felt like I was dreaming, 'our baby?' I knew I should have said something in that moment. I really did, and I tried too. But, every time I tried to found the right words to say, they just wouldn't come out.  And before I knew it, I heard the door shut and Connor was gone with the belief that he was going to be dad.

A/N

Happy Valentine's Day

Hope you guys like the new chapter :)

Don't forget to vote • comment • share

~J 💋