World Comes Crashing Down Part 1

Lucie had some last minute thing she forgot. I believe it's the seventh "last minute thing" she's forgotten in the past week. I think she's coming down with pregnancy brain.

As much as I love her I don't think I could last another five minutes with her.

I hop out of the car and head up to my room. Exhausted from the drive and Lucie's non-stop chatter about how she's gonna spoil the baby.

I grab the picture from the ultrasound out of my purse and place it on my nightstand. I plop down onto my warm bed and stare at the picture. There's really a baby in there, not just any baby, my baby. I still can't believe in a few more months I'll be a mom. 

The tiredness starts to catch up to me and I slowly begin to close my eyes. Of course seconds later I awaken to pounding at the door.

"Lucie you have keys come in yourself," I shout in annoyance. I mean she has her own keys and she knows where the spare is, is it really that hard to open the door. Man, we've gotten too lazy.

"Not Lucie, it's Maisy," oh that makes sense.

Shoot. I was supposed to meet up with her an hour ago. We made plans to go shopping at the mall.

I get off my bed and head to the door. I twist the cool metal handle and open the door to see a very unhappy Maisy.

"Hey Maise" I say with an apologetic look.

"Do not hey Maise me," she says mimicking me.

"What's wrong?" I ask even though deep down I know.

She begins to laugh hysterically "what's wrong? Hmm. Let me see my two best friends have been ditching me for who knows how long at this point. And they can't even give me a good enough reason"

She had a point i've been very cautious to stay away from Maisy just in case I let the secret slip out. If she knew all she would do is ask non-stop questions, then probably herself let MY secret out.

"Maisy I told you I was at the library"

"Yeah real good excuse, except for the library was shut down for renovations."

Shit. Okay so maybe it wasn't a fool-proof plan. But at the time it seemed like a decent excuse.

"The worst part is that neither of you have the god damn decency to tell me to my face that you don't want to hang out with me"

"That's not it!"

"Really," she screams heading to my bed to sit down. I think at this point we both need to take a breather.

"Maisy I would never lie to you..."

"What's this?" She says picking up the ultrasound picture.

I quickly grab it from her hands, "it's nothing."

"If it's nothing then let me see"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because..."

"Nuh uh none of that because bs, you just said said you wouldn't keep any secrets from me"

Ugh. She's right but technically i said i wouldn't lie to her. Hiding the truth isn't lying. Right?

She grabs the picture out of my hands, even though I try my best to pull it back. The sound of the picture ripping sends chills down my spine. 

I can feel tears begin to build up around my eyes, but i push them back. The only picture I had of my baby ruined, destroyed.

"A picture of a baby? Why hide this?" she asked me.

"Forget it, just go" I reply.

"No, not possible, she would of told me, right?" she mumble into the air.

Told her? I think she's figuring it out, shoot. What to do, what to do? As Maisy paces back and forth, I quickly snatch my phone out of my pocket. 

Lily: CODE BLINK (Blue + Pink

We created the code just in case anything happened because or to the baby. 

Come on. Pick up Lucie!

She stops her pacing, turns around and looks me dead in the eye. She begins taking steps towards me, each movement I take a step back. Ouch. I back into my drawer, no where to run, nowhere to go.

"Now I'm gonna ask you this once again, and this time I expect the truth Lily."

She takes a deep breath in, lifting up the other half of the ultrasound picture, "are you pregnant?"

I look down at the tile floor, not being able to lift my head and look Maisy in the eyes. I lied to her, plain and simple. I know I shouldn't have, but I did. Maybe she could have kept the secret, maybe I wouldn't be in this situation. But I am. 

If I told her, other things would have came up. Things that would have ruined our friendship anyways. Sleeping with the "love" of your best friends life, isn't an easy conversation. But then adding onto that he doesn't beleive you, and thinks you're another "Brooke". Plus, you haven't told basically anyone, like your parents. 

"Lily!" she shouts. Jeez I'm spiraling again.

"Wha-What?"

"Are you or are you not pregnant"

Here goes nothing "Yes"

Immediately Maisy's mouth drops open, she begans to shake her head and gives me the I can't believe you look. After of few seconds of shock, Maisy snaps back to reality. "First of all how dare you. I am your best friend and sure we aren't as close as you and Lucie but I have a right to know. So I can be there for you and help you, instead I was shut out and feeling unwanted."

I can see water forming around her eyes, she wipes it off with the back of her hand. "Does Lucie know?" she adds. 

Still I can't look her in the eyes, I began to fiddle with my fingernails and say nothing.

"So I'll take that as a yes. Wow, you really are something Lillian Taylor." Furious and annoyed Maisy slams the door shut as she leaves.

The loud bang of the door closing, becomes the trigger for the waterworks to spill out.

A/N

So yayyy finally updated in what two months? Sorry about that guys I'll try my hardest to update more, just with school and everything else I've been a bit busy. Hope you guys can understand

So this chapter will also be two parts and I can't wait for you guys to see where the story is going.

Don't forget to vote • comment • share

AND UHMMM THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH WE'VE HIT OVER ONE THOUSAND READS THAT'S HUGE FOR ME AND WOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU GUYS!

~J 💋