Can't Breathe

I cant breathe. If I could I would. Breathing sounds enjoyable and relaxing. I'm stuck with nothing. I dont know how I even can obtain oxygen. Maybe some internal thing. I look like a regular person, but I am not. I am a vile monster. It's not my fault. My duty is to make sure everybody feels how I feel. How I cant breathe. How it feels to never breathe in your entire life.

-

Coiny walked over towards where somebody threw out a line from their fishing rod into the shallow waters.

"Hello there." He greeted.

"Huh, oh. Hello." The woman replied quietly.

"What are you doing?"

"Catching fish." He could barely make out what she was saying.

"What's your name?"

"Teardrop, but my friends call me TD."

Coiny nodded, even though Teardrop couldn't see him. "I like your name."

"Huh?" He could hear her shyly gasped. "Oh. Um. Thank you."

Coiny let a crack of a smile appear on his face. "Wanna hang out? It's better than sitting out in the cold."

She thought about it. "Ok."

"Cmon, I know this great place that me and my friends eat at." Ironically, he doesnt have any friends.

-

Days passed, and Teardrop and Coiny became best friends. They hung out hours on end, and did almost everything together.

Teardrop held a photo in front of her face. Teardrop had her tongue out, and one eye closed.

Coiny had his arm wrapped around hers, and had a big smile hung across his face.

Teardrop smiled at the small memory, as she folded the picture neatly, and slid it into a thin drawer.

Months passed, and they became closer. Once in a while, theyd hang out the whole day.

Teardrop could feel her face burn up with joy everytime they did something together. It was the best times in her life.

Coiny stared at the picture of her. He stared at it blankly, ready to get down to business. It would be painless. Itll be quick. It shouldnt be hard.

He took a deep breath as he fell asleep, ready for tommorow.

-

Teardrops phone rung, loud ocean waves echoing throughout the room.

In some ways, it kept her sleeping longer, but she had to get up. She looked at her phone, Coinys charming face was in the center.

She slid on the green button, and put the phone up to her ear, drowsily.

"Hey, T. Meet me at the docks. I have to confess something."

Teardrop felt overjoyed. He'll propose a relationship. Like some magical love story.

"Ok." She said, trying to contain her joy.

"Alright, meet ya there."

Teardrop grabbed her blue purse, and took out some lipstick, as she rubbed it across her lips. She was ready.

-

Coiny stood at the edge of the docks. He had his hands in the pockets of his light coat.

She could feel her stomach well up with butterflies. She walked casually over and tapped on his shoulder.