6

6

I was still lying on my bed for the past 30 minutes. I didn't want to get up, but the grumble coming from my stomach told me otherwise. I slid off the bed and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

"What the-" I yelled, jumping back in shock.

Harry was sitting at my kitchen table drawing in his sketch pad. His eyes shot up from his notepad, and he quickly closed it before I could see what he was drawing.

"You're still here? Why?"

"I don't know." He shrugged his shoulders.

"I said that we could do this some other day. You didn't have to stay."

"So do you want me to leave?" It looked like there was the smallest piece of hurt in his voice when he said that, and I couldn't understand why.

"You don't have to go, but I thought you left."

"Why?"

Is he actually serious?

"Well you looked...busy and because I vividly remember telling both of you to just leave," I said, grabbing 2 water bottles from the fridge, and handing one to Harry who shot me a tight smile as he took a sip from it.

"Well I was busy...trying to get rid of her."

"One, why did you bring her here in the first place. Two, I don't think hoisting her up on my kitchen counter and making out with her while you stand in between her legs is a good sign to let someone know you want them to leave. Three, why did you bring her to my house if you didn't want to be with her?"

He let out a small laugh before he responded. "I told her no, and then she got in my car, and wouldn't leave me the fuck alone, so I just bought her with me. And I made out with her because she is hot and as much as she was annoying me, she was there and I was bored."

"So do you not like her?" The questions were just spilling out of me and I couldn't stop them. I've never talked to him as much as I am right now, and now I can't stop talking to him. I kind of liked talking to him when he wasn't a complete asshole. 

"Why, are you jealous?" He smirked.

"What-I...no. What-what would make you think that? I was simply just engaging in this conversation." He got up from the table and started inching toward.

"Seeing me kiss her on the counter...it didn't make you...get hot with jealousy. It didn't make you...squirm...wanting it to be you?"

I was pinned against the refrigerator, his index finger underneath my chin, holding it up. His breath was hot and ticking my neck. The close proximity was making me nervous.

"No...i-it didn't...it doesn't." I stuttered.

My eyes met his green ones. Intimidation was the only thing I felt. Looking into his eyes made me feel uncomfortable, so I guess I felt intimidated and uncomfortable. He was inching closer to me, his lips almost about to touch mine, but he pulled away, leaving me standing there breathless.

"Tell me that didn't make you feel anything, Jade." He picked up his book bag and put it over his shoulder.

"It didn't."

"I don't believe you. I could hear your heart pounding out of your chest." his smirk only widening.

"You don't have to believe me." I crossed my arms over my chest, still trying to process what the fuck had just happened. 

"It's okay to lie sometimes. It's the only way to protect how we really feel." He winked at me as he walked out the front door leaving me more confused than ever.

-

"Good morning, Jade." Rain smiled at me handing me a cup of iced coffee.

"Morning, thank you so much. You didn't have to buy me coffee." I smiled taking a sip.

"It's the least I could do. I feel like we haven't been us in a while. Like we were drifting, and I didn't want to lose you as my best friend."

"Well, thank you." I felt so much better knowing that she felt the shift in our friendship as well.

"So how did yesterday go? With Harry?"

Do I tell her? I'm confused about it myself, so I wasn't sure how I would relay it to her.

"Umm, it was kind of weird."

"How so?"

We started walking to English class early so we didn't stand in the middle of the hallway for the next 10 minutes. Nobody ever came to English class early, and I don't blame them. Literally the most boring class I have, but that's because I don't do any work.

"Well for one, he brought this girl with him. She was kind of rude. I went upstairs to get my camera and came back down seeing them make out on my kitchen counter."

Rain choked a little bit on her coffee.

"Yeah, and then I just told them they can leave and we could do it another day, but Harry stayed for a bit. We talked a little and he left." I left out the part where he pinned me against my fridge and almost kissed me. I wouldn't tell her yet, not when I was this confused about it. And I definitely won't be telling anyone else about it either.

"Why did he stay?"

"I dunno."

"Maybe he likes you." she suggested and I actually spit my drink out

"Yeah I don't think he likes me, maybe he wants to mess with me, in a nonsexual way of course," I noticed her smirking. "But, no I don't think so."

"Well, I'm going to go to the bathroom and leave the two of you alone. See you in 10 minutes."

I looked at her confused. Nobody else was in here, and then I saw Harry sitting not to far away from me.

"Fuck me," I muttered.

Harry's eyes shot up when he heard me, he looked at me, a small smirk present on his face, but he looked away and went back to drawing. I don't know what came over me, but I got up and went near him.

"What are you drawing?"

"None of your business."

"How come you don't let me see your work. I mean we have to do this project together."

"I don't like it when people look at my art."

"Really? Why do you draw or paint or do anything art related when you don't want people to see your work? That doesn't make any sense to me."

"I do it because I like to do it," he shrugged. "Besides, the only person I don't want to see it is you."