10

10

I guess the camera was from Harry, he's literally the only one that knows that he broke my camera. He also signed the text message with an 'H' so it had to be him right? Regardless, I decided to text the number just to make sure.

me: who is this?

harry?: harry

me: oh well thanks :) I really appreciate the gesture, but there is no way that I can accept this

harry: why not? I got it for you

me: I appreciate it but it's too expensive of a gift to accept, my mom would kill me if she knew i took this from you

harry: then don't tell her

me: I'm pretty sure she'll notice the new and expensive camera instead of the old one that I have had for the past 3 years

harry: you're so annoying

I smiled to myself, my cheeks hurt from how big my smile was. Even though I couldn't hear him through the text, I could almost hear the smirk and the sarcasm through the message he just sent me.

I turned off my phone fell back into my bed. That little flutter in my heart was beating a little louder and a little faster. Sure he did break my camera, but I would have never expected him to pay for it, especially Harry paying for something he broke.

I didn't think he saw the camera fall and break on the ground being that he was so adamant about leaving, but maybe he heard the camera fall as he rushed out of the kitchen. I almost forgot that my mom had called me done for dinner, so I got up and decided to join her, leaving out the part that maybe I did like Harry after all.

-

"Hey Jade, are you excited to switch today?" Rain asked me as we walked to English.

"I dunno." I shrugged my shoulders.

We walked in and we were still pretty early, the only person in the room was Mrs.Bradford, some random, and Harry.

"I'll be right back," I told Rain.

She nodded and headed to her seat as I walked toward Harry. He was drawing in this beat-up leather journal before his head snapped up and his eyes met with mine.

"Hey, I just wanted to thank you, in person for giving me a camera. I didn't expect you do to that." I flashed a small smile.

"It's whatever, don't worry about it. Just because I gave you a camera, doesn't mean that you still have to keep me as a partner." He said calmly.

I nodded my head and walked back to my seat and daydreamed about random things until class was over. Nothing eventful ever happens in English class, like ever. Soon enough it was time for photography class, and honestly I wasn't sure how I was feeling.

After the drawing of me, and Harry apologizing for breaking my camera, I wasn't sure where I stood when it came to whether or not I wanted to switch partners. I started to feel more uneasy as I got closer to the classroom.

I sat in my seat next to Harry, but I didn't look at him. I wonder if he was nervous about whether or not I was going to switch partners. I guess it was like I was giving up on him, which is a really sad way to put it. I wonder if he was sad that I was considering giving up on him.

I thought about it a little more. I had thought that he had given up with this project, with me. Like he gave up before we even started this damn thing, but it wasn't like that at all. If anything, it was reversed. Ms. Fieldman went down the line of partners and asked if anyone wanted to switch. Only one group had switched so far only because the people in that group were dating and it ended in a messy breakup.