9

9

I tried to avoid Harry the best that I could throughout the week. Of course I was mad at him being that he broke my camera, but I was also very confused. Literally the other day he was pinning me up against my fridge asking I was jealous and then the next day, he breaks my camera and storms out of my house.

I couldn't follow him, and this doesn't have to last for much longer because tomorrow we can have the option to switch partners. After everything he has put me through, I think I will definitely switch. It had been a month of going back and forth with Harry and getting absolutely nowhere with him, I just wanted to be done with all of this. 

I walked into class and headed straight toward the computers. I was already done with the last project so I decided I would just edit some of my photos for fun. It was going pretty well until there was a tap on my shoulder.

"Hi Jade! Can I show you my project?" Fiona asked me.

"Sure," I replied, seeing her bright smile and the bright aura that followed her everywhere that she went, she immediately put a smile on my face.

She showed me her photo of her partner sitting on a park bench. Everything was in black and white except for all of the leaves. It was actually a really beautiful photo, a hundred times better than her Zac Efron photo.

"Wow Fiona, this is amazing. You've been getting really good. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, that means so much coming from you," She gave me a tight hug. "How come you're not with Harry?"

"I finished my project," I said bluntly.

"It must be nice having him as a partner. He has such a pretty face."

I chuckled a little at her response because although she was right about him having a pretty face, it was much more complex than that. 

"Yeah, maybe you can have him. I think I'm going to switch."

"Really?! I thought you guys worked really well together, like I know that he's difficult to work with, but both of your work is amazing. I didn't know he could draw like that."

"You've seen his drawings?"

How is it that everyone but me has seen his artwork but me...his partner?

"How did you see it?"

"Ms. Fieldman showed me, just ask her, I'm sure she will let you see it."

I thanked her and walked over to her desk. I'm sure she is tired of me coming to her almost every day to complain, but that won't last much longer.

"One more day, and then you may switch." She smiled at me.

"I know, but I actually came here to ask you something else. Is there any way I can see what Harry has done for his side of our project?" I rocked back and forth on the back of my heels.

"Well, there must be a reason why he doesn't want you to see it."

"Do you know the reason?"

"I think I do." Her smile grew wider. "I'll let you look at it, but just so you know, he asked me privately to not show them to you. Maybe this will change your mind about switching tomorrow."

She opened a folder and handed me a piece of paper that was laminated. His signature as well as the date was inscribed in the corner of the paper. At the other corner, there were some words that I couldn't quite make out.

The drawing was of a girl...of me. It was from the day that I asked Harry to meet me in the cave for the second time and I was reading my book. It was like I was looking at a photo of me, he really knew how to capture an image.