16

16

"Where's your shower, love?"

"Oh yeah, sorry I almost forgot. You should take a shower upstairs just in case one of my parents comes home and sees a random boy coming out of their shower," I laugh.

I lead him up the stairs and show him the bathroom which is just 2 doors down from my bedroom.

"If you need anything let me know. Towels are in the cabinet to your left."

"Thanks."

I leave him to go do his business and I head to my room. I pull out the SD card from the camera, a flash drive, and my laptop. I could at least start figuring out what I was going to with these photos.

The photos came out so well, I couldn't believe my eyes. There was something so captivating about the one where he looked straight at the camera. He seemed vulnerable, he seemed scared. It embodied this whole project perfectly. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with that photo yet, but I knew I needed to use it for something.

"Um, Jade?" I heard Harry call.

I almost forgot that he was here.

"Yeah?" I turned around in my chair so I could face him.

"I uh, I don't have anything to wear."

"Shit, I forgot. Umm, let me see if I have anything."

I went to my closet and shuffled through my clothing. I ended up finding one of the many oversized hoodies I owned. I just hoped that it would fit.

"Here you go." I handed him the purple hoodie.

"Thank you, but what about pants." He said with a grin.

I stood there and thought for a moment. I definitely don't think he could fit into my pants. He has a small waist, but he's really tall so, either way, it wouldn't work out. And then I remembered that I bought my dad some sweatpants for the upcoming holiday. Harry could just wear those and I could grab the same pair for my dad later on in the week.

I went back into my closet and found the shopping bag with my dad's pants and handed them to Harry.

"Give me your clothes, I'll put them in the dryer."

Harry went back to the bathroom, changed, and then came back with the wet clothes. I quickly threw them in the dryer. I came back and I saw Harry sitting on the edge of my bed. He held his head in his hands and his eyebrows were furrowed. He seemed like he was deep in thought.

"What's going on in that head of yours, Harry?" I asked with a soft laugh.

"Do you think...do you think I could draw you?" he asked nervously.

"For the project? Of course." I replied.

"No...not for the project. Can I just draw you?" He asked again, the nerves still present in his voice.

"Uh, sure," I felt the heat rising to my cheeks. I was flattered that he wanted to draw me, but I was also kind of nervous. "What do you want me to do?"

He didn't answer me. Instead, he went toward the big window in my room and pulled the blinds back so that the sun could come in. By now the sun was starting to go down, so my room was filled with this bright orangey-yellow light.

"Okay, can you sit there?" He asked pointing to my desk which was right in front of the window.

I walked over to my desk and sat down. I wasn't sure what to do. I've photographed before, but I've never been drawn before. It's a lot different.

"How do you want me to pose?"

"Whatever feels natural to you." He said in a soft voice.

I started to overthink the way that I should pose. What if it looks like I'm trying too hard? What if it looks like I'm not interested in doing this at all. When I looked up at Harry I saw that he was already drawing.

"Oh, I didn't even pose, I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" Harry looked up at me.

"I just don't want to ruin your artwork." I shrugged.

He looked at me, eyebrows furrowed and a small frown on his face. He put down his journal and his pencils on my bed and he got up and started walking toward me. He came right up to me and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. His hand traced the side of my face and he placed his hand underneath my chin. The light from the sun setting lit up his face, bringing out the warmth in his face and the color of his eyes. He tilted my chin up and our lips almost touch.

His face was so close to mine, if he moved any closer, we'd kiss. My heart was pounding and as confused as I was, all I wanted was for him to kiss me. My eyes flickered from his eyes and his lips and I felt as if I couldn't breathe.

Kiss me. Please just kiss me.

"You...you are art." Harry whispers to me and then he softly places his lips onto mine, leaving soft kisses.

My mind was racing a mile a minute. What was happening? Thank God this was happening. Why is this happening? It didn't matter because I kissed him back. My hands automatically wrapped around his neck, one hand tangled in the back of his hair. The kiss was soft, it was gentle, and it was sweet. 

The kiss didn't last long before we had pulled away from each other.

"I, uh, thanks," I said shyly.

"For kissing you or for the compliment?" He asks with a cheesy grin across his face.

"Both, I guess." I chuckle.

He let out a small laugh before his smile dropped and I could see his mind wandering elsewhere, Harry quickly getting lost in his thoughts.

"I- I probably shouldn't have done that." He said as he stood up.

"It's okay, you have nothing to worry about," I replied.

"I, I think I have to go, I'll um, I'll go get my clothes from the dryer and I'll uh, I'll see you tomorrow."

He rushed out the door, grabbing his stuff, and leaving me standing there speechless...once again.

A/N: hey guys! As we know, Fine Line has dropped! I'm super interested in knowing what is your favorite song off the album! I really love Sunflower Vol. 6, Canyon Moon, and Fine Line!