Chapter 9

After hours of training, Sora and Shu headed back to the Snake Pit. They stepped into the clearing and saw broken masks and pieces to beys. Sora heard footsteps and saw Boa running to them. "What happened here?" Red Eye said. "Two bladers came and attacked. We didn't stand a chance." Boa answered. "Of course they didn't, they were weak." Ember Eye said before turning to leave. "Tell Ashtem that we are leaving." Red Eye said turning to follow Ember Eye. "Wait, will I see you again?" Boa asked. Ember Eye barely turned her head to look at him. "Maybe, Maybe not." Ember Eye said before the Red and Ember bladers left the Snake Pit behind. They headed towards the airport and boarded the plane headed for New York. The two bladers sat in the back of the plane, ignoring the strange looks they were given by passengers. The plane took off and began the long flight to New York. Goodbye Snake Pit. Hopefully we'll never come back. Sora thought with a growl. She leaned back against her seat before closing her eyes that were still hidden behind the mask. A few minutes later she felt someone trying to take of the mask. Her eyes shot open and she grabs the person's wrist and looked at them. It was a kid about Valt's height with messy blond hair and crimson eyes. "What do you want?" Sora asked her voice sounding more harsh than she intended. The kid gasped in surprise and just stared into the ember lenses of the mask. Sora let go of the kids wrist and stared back. The kid frightened by the two masked bladers staring at him went back to his seat. "What was that about?" Shu asked. Sora turned her head to face him. "The kid tried to remove my mask." Sora answered. The kid came back not long after that and tapped on Sora's shoulder. The Ember masked blader turned towards him her ember lenses meeting his crimson eyes. "Who are you?" The kid asked. "I am Ember Eye." Sora replied. "No, your real name." The kid said. Sora smiled and leaned forward for her eyes were at his level. "I can't tell you. Not yet anyway." Sora said keeping her voice calm. "But-" Kid kid was interrupted by the flight attendant. "All passengers return to your seats. We are approaching a severe storm." The flight attendant said with a slight Spanish accent. The kid nodded his head and went back to his seat. Sora sat back in her seat and let out a sigh. I want to take this stupid thing off! But I can't or Ashtem aka Theodore will find us. He'll want to take Pegasus apart. I can't let that happen. Sora thought. She closed her eyes allowing sleep to take her.

~Shu/Red Eye POV~

Shu stared out the window and watched as the dark storm clouds surrounded the plane. That kid that had approached Sora earlier had wanted to know who the masked bladers were. Why would he want to know? It's not like he should care. But he did, he cared enough to ask who we were beneath these masks. Shu shook his head getting rid of the thought. We can't tell anyone who we are, not yet. Not until we find a way to escape Ashtem who also happens to be Theodore Glass. The only reason We're headed to New York is because Sora wants to 'rescue' her wolf Galaxy. Well, I don't blame her, that wolf has been with her ever sence her father died. Shu felt something on his left shoulder, he turned to see Sora leaning on his shoulder fast asleep. I remember when she did that the first time. It hurt my shoulder but I didn't want to wake her up. Shu thought.

~Flashback~

Shu was talking to Valt and the rest before he felt something on his shoulder. He winced before looking at Sora who was sound asleep on the injured shoulder. She didn't know. She looks so cute when she sleeps though. Wait, what did I just think? Stop it, you barely know her! Shu thought. "Um, Shu why is your face red?" Valt asked. I'm blushing? Stop it Shu! Shu scolded. He looked at the floor waiting for the blush to disappear. "Sora is sleeping on Shu's shoulder." Diago said. Thankfully before anymore was said the train pulled to a stop. She turned his head to face Sora. He gently shook her, waking her up.

~Moments later~

The beyclub was standing on top of the mountain near the dojo observing the scenery. "Xander, how far is Metal City from here?" Sora suddenly asked. "Not far actually. Why?" Xander answered. Sora ran down the mountain towards the river. "Sora! Wait up!" Valt yelled. Sora ignored him, she continued running down the mountain and through the forest. "I'll go get her." Shu said. He ran down the mountain after Sora. He came to a stop when he saw her standing by the river looking across at the scorched forest. Shu was about to approach her before she started crossing the river. Shu crossed the river and followed Sora into the forest. After a few minutes they came to a clearing, it was littered with scorched and downed trees . Shu watched as Sora looked at the clearing before she collapsed to her knees and began to cry silently. This place must mean something to her. Shu thought. He walked over to her and crouched beside her, put his left arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to him. Sora looked up at him then she suddenly hugged him tightly and cried into his shirt. Shu sat down and hugged her tightly. "M-My father and I were training here, before L-Lui came and c-challenged us. He gave m-me this scar and broke Striker. He then defeated my f-father in a bey battle and then he, he s-shot him. Lui Shirasagi killed my father." Sora cried. Lui? He caused this? He killed Gingka? Shu thought. He growled in anger at Lui's name. "You know him?" Sora asked looking into Shu's eyes. Shu moved the hair covering part of his right eye away showing Sora his scar. "Lui gave me this scar when I battled him." Shu said trying to keep the anger out of his voice. Sora sat up wiping away the tears and looked at Shu's scar. Her scar looks identical to mine. Shu thought. He let the hair fall back into place to cover up the scar. "One day I will defeat him." Shu said with determination. "That makes two of us." Sora said.

~End Flashback~

Lightning flashed around the plane with thunder sounding soon after, shaking Shu out of his thoughts. That was the day that the two had fallen for each other. Shu stared out the window and watched as the lightning flashed around, some striking close to the plane. He leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes, not wanting to pay much attention to the storm. The plane shook violently, causing some of the passengers to scream out of terror. A loud clash of thunder made Shu open his eyes. He stared at the plane's wing just before it was struck with lightning. He eyes widened beneath the mask as the wing caught fire. He felt Sora sit up and freeze, staring at the flaming wing.

~Sora/Ember Eye POV~

Sora's eyes shot open as she sat up, a loud clap of thunder violently shook the plane. She looked out of the window and froze in fear, a fire had started on the wing of the plane. She still didn't like fire after what had happened a few months ago. She felt Shu put his arms around her and pulled her close to him. He knew that She was still struggling to get over her fear of fire. She buried her face into his chest, trying to calm herself down. "We are going to make an emergency landing in Allentown, Pennsylvania." The pilot's voice echoed over the speakers. Sora closed her eyes tightly before sitting back up and sitting back in her seat. She held onto Shu's left hand with her right hand. Soon, the plane landed safely and allowed the passengers off. "We are very sorry about this inconvenience we hope you enjoy your time her in Pennsylvania. Thank you for flying with us." The flight attendant said. Shu and Sora left the plane and headed for the doors of the airport. "You don't want to fly again do you?" Shu asked. "Not to New York. But I'm fine with every place else." Sora replied. "How about we take a taxi the rest of the way?" Shu asked. "Sure." Sora said. They found a cab and after two hours arrived at the Raging Bulls headquarters. They got out of the cab before it sped away. Guards surrounded the building, with guns in hand. "Looks like we're going to have to sneak in through the air ducts." Sora said. They walked to the side of the building towards the vent access points. After getting the grate off they crawled through the ducts eventually arriving in the lobby. They crawled out of the vents and made their way to the stairs avoiding the guards and the occasional blader. As soon as they opened the door to the stairs they began to run until they reached the second floor. They ran through the door to the second floor and ran for what used to be Sora's room. They opened to door to be greeted by no other than Theodore Glass. Sora looked at the man's feet to see Galaxy laying there motionless. NO, PLEASE NO! Please don't let Galaxy be dead! Sora thought as she stared at the wolf's motionless body. "This wolf and It's owner have caused me so much trouble. Why not get rid of one of them?" Theodore said coldly. Sora growled in anger and looked Theodore in the eyes. She whistled for the wolf, it rose to its feet and ran towards Sora. "I knew you would come for your wolf. Just give up now, while it's still alive." Theodore continued. "We are not going back to the Snake Pit!" Sora yelled before running down the hallway and stairs with Shu and Galaxy close behind. They ran through the door to the stairs, across the lobby, and out the front door. Guards began to chase after the trio, occasionally shooting at the wolf. The trio ran through the streets of New York eventually losing their pursuers. Sora heard a whimper of pain from Galaxy. She turned to see him collapse on the ground, breathing heavily. "Galaxy!" Sora yelled, rushing over to the white wolf. Galaxy's emerald green eyes filled with pain as he whimpered. A man walked over to them, he looked like he was related the Hoji Konda. "I can help him." The man said. The Red and Ember masked bladers exchanged glances before coming to an agreement. "I trust you. But do not give him back to us, send him to Begoma, Japan. That is were he will be safe." Sora said. The man nodded before picking Galaxy up in his arms. "Goodbye old friend. Live a good life." Sora said before leaving with Shu. She felt a tear go down her face as she heard Galaxy howl a goodbye. The two bladers headed to the airport and boarded a plane headed for England. Sora let out a sigh as she leaned back in her seat by the window. " I know how much Galaxy meant to you. But it was for the best." Shu said. "I know, I just hope that now he will be safe." Sora replied. "Passengers please buckle your seat belts, we will be taking off shortly." The flight attendant said. Moments later, Sora was watching New York disappear under the white clouds.