Camping: The Pack

~3rd person POV~

It was nighttime, five boys were sitting around a small fire while a friend of theirs went to get some sticks for the fire. They sat in awkward silence looking at each other tiredly or they just stared at the fire interested on seeing it crackle.

"So, what now? Preston is getting sticks. Probably gonna take him hours, we need something to do." the shortest one spoke up breaking the silence looking at each and every boy, "Why not do a prank?" the blonde spoke, everyone's eyes lit up. Minus one.

"What are you guys thinking?" the oldest of the boy asked raising his eye brow, not looking up to this "Oh come on, Rob! A little scare won't hurt him!" the one in the checkered hoodie said. Rob, the boy, quickly shook his head to deny "No, nononono. And No! You all know he can get scared easily. You remember what happened last time." Rob said remembering what happened last time.

"Well we are still doing it, if you don't join then we will say... Uhh, it was your idea! Yeah, your idea." the tallest shrugged coming up with the idea "W-what!?! He'll hate me!" Rob looked at them like they were crazy, "Is that a yes or no?" the checkered boy said smirking at the older boy, his body resting on a tree "Ugh... F-fine! But if you push it too far you are going to regret it." Rob glared at them going inside one of the tents and digging through his stuff grabbed a flashlight. He left the tend and stood outside looking at the boy with a glare.

"Okay... So here is the plan. Rob, I need you to find Preston and bring him here, we will think of an idea when you leave." The blonde said a smile on his face "Ooh, a surprise attack!" everyone yelled joking happly minus the boy, of course, "Lachlan, you better not do something bad." Rob said glaring at him before turning around to go look for his friend.

The blond smirked and quietly followed after him trying not to make any sound. Soon everyone caught on what he was doing and followed after him giggles leaving their mouths.

~
Preston wasn't looking for what he was supposed to, he was just walking around humming a tune that was stuck in his head. Not caring about where he is going. Not knowing the consequences of getting lost. He probably didn't care anyways.

He didn't even have a flashlight to lead his way, so it was pitch black, the moon the only thing shinning the way. He looked around passing by some sticks. He had time alone why not use it. Some peace and quiet. He stumbled across a lake, the blue water having a blurry reflection upon the moon and the stars up in the sky. He smiled and walked over closer to the deep lake.

~Preston POV~

I kneeled in front of the pond dipping my hand in it. It's cool and clean water cooling my hand. I swirled my hand, the moon reflection rippling. I was feeling the tranquility of being in the woods. But this water looked deep, do not want to swim in here.

I never wanted to come, it was pretty much a waist of my time because college sorta decided to give an entire homework essy. But this feels nice, getting me relaxed. Sorta glad they dragged me here getting my bum out of the couch.

"Preston!?" I quickly turned around startled a little bit, I looked up at Rob confused. I took my hand out of the water and dried it using my pants, "Why are you here?" I asked standing up staring at him "U-uh, you just took so long and I wanted to see if you didn't get lost. Which doesn't look... Like. You. Are. Lost..." he said awkwardly and slowly but grinned anyways, "Oh-okay? I guess we can go back." I said about to stand up but I saw Rob not moving, instead he was staring into the bushes glaring at something. I gave him another confused glace "We going?" I tilted my head a little bit to the side coufused "Actually, this view is kinda nice. Let's enjoy it while we still can." he said turning around quickly and looking at the pond, he was acting suspicious but I didn't ask of it don't want to push any of his buttons.