Chapter 1

*Flashbacks in bold*

Coming to Times Square every weekend was like a habit they had become so used to, that now they felt like it was a duty to go there. The buzzing noises, the huge crowd, the busy roads and the busy people; everything about New York excited Rudaba. It was her dream to come to this city and study the subject not many girls of her age would choose, either because they simply had no interest in it or because their family would request them to choose something else, something doable.

But her family was different, they wanted her to study what she loved, hence she chose business. They knew if she becomes a businesswoman, her work load would reach its peak and that would cause obstacles in her marriage life, but they believed in her and her abilities to do both together. And to make all this better, she met Shahroze. He believed in her and her strengths too, he understood her passion for the subject and not a day went by when he didn't praise her for how well she had done in life and how proud he was of her.

She was looking at the billboard where an event was being advertised when her eyes moved and shifted at him who was lost. He was lost while he was staring at her with his always warm smile on his face. He always looked at her this way. When she would smile, laugh, or when she would almost pull her hair out if unable to understand a concept. His stare was always the same. Welcoming and warm.

"If someone looked at you, they would think you are a creep who stares at me like this?"

"Well, if they approach me, I will tell them I am looking at my love. And if she doesn't mind then they shouldn't either. You don't, or wait, do you?"

He asked smiling but with questioning eyes.

"No, of course not. All yours."

She chuckled, and he joined in.

"When's your first exam?"

"Oh please, don't remind me yet. But, in two weeks. I am dreading the first three."

"You will do great. I know it!"

"You always say that."

"And you always prove me right, no?"

She just smiled. He forwarded his hand when she threaded her fingers with his, both left the spot they were sat on.

------------

"Here it is, business school!" He gestured towards the grand building with a smile on his face.

"Thank you." She responded, smiling back at him.

"Usually they have guide students to help out new students but if you need anything or ever feel lost, here is the student hub. 99% of the time they will help, if they don't then you can come to me."

She shot a confusing look his way and folded her arms on her chest.

"Of course, if you want to. Just an idea. Maybe. No? Okay sure."

He said with a scowl on his face when she couldn't resist her smile and ended up grinning wide.

"You are such a kid."