Chapter 16

It is not a normal life if it goes all without any perfections and imperfections together. Life had its ways. It only worked and seemed normal when one experienced and saw both highs and both lows. Rudaba and Zain had seen their lows too. It was not always easily to overcome those lows but both of them in their own ability, were determined.

After the night of the party, Rudaba didn't mention Samantha and Zain tried to once but Rudaba wasn't interested. Simply because it was his past and she was at the stage that she trusted him when he said Samantha was his past. There wasn't any need of explanation. If Zain never asked for her explanation over her past with Shahroze, then Rudaba didn't either. It was their way of showing trust in each other and it made them feel good only.

It had been six months to their marriage. Both of them took time but had adjusted with what their life as a couple had to offer. They were now better and more close friends than they were six months ago. They were also a different kind of friend to each other than they were six months ago. They talked a lot more. Their conversations were constructive, and discussion based. They talked about their daily activities, shared a lot more hobbies. If Zain wanted to watch football, she would happily watch with him, and in the same way if she wanted to bake or wanted to go out for a long walk, he would also happily accompany her.

They had also recently learnt to crack jokes at each other. The comfort level was finally there where they could easily pull each other's leg without hesitating how the other person would feel. Zain had started to tease Rudaba by imitating her dramatic self when she would struggle to wait for the next episode of her favourite tv series.  In the same way, Rudaba had started teasing Zain at how he was forgetful of things. Sometimes he used to forget his wallet at home and sometimes his laptop, that too on days when he was supposed to lead a presentation at work.

Besides all that, they still weren't being husband or wife. Their actions were of care, consideration and respect for each other but there was still a long way to go in terms of the relationship that had threaded them together.

Rudaba still stayed in a different room to his and he didn't ever make it part of her conversation. He was willing to wait, and she didn't know how long it would take her. But if there was one thing that was obvious between the two was their reluctance to all this. Despite realising and accepting the bond and relationship she had with Zain, she was reluctant to move on with him as her husband. The feelings and the connection she had for Shahroze was perhaps still somewhere hidden in her heart and it didn't bother her as much now as it used to before. But, there was still something keeping the two at distance. She liked Zain, she was well aware that he understood her, and was nothing but supportive and kind to her. But a part of her was still not able to take that one step further.

Zain, on the other hand, was beginning to feel for her. He liked her. He was her friend and she was his. There was a comfort level between the two, he knew that too. A part of him was beginning to come to terms with the fact that his heart was giving in to love for Rudaba. But he couldn't say he loved her, yet. But even though there was no hesitancy or awkwardness between them, there was a different kind of tense reluctance he used to feel from Rudaba that he never let his own guards down. He turned a blind eye to his feelings, so he doesn't come in between Rudaba and her adjustment time. He didn't want his feelings in any way to overpower him which could confuse or hurt Rudaba.

Zain didn't realise that he was being ignorant of his feelings because he was in denial and Rudaba couldn't accept the fact that she was also feeling again. It was the idea of loving for the second time that was scaring her away.

-------------------------------

Zain was in the living room watching news when Rudaba walked in with two cups of coffee. He had looked up and smiled. It was just the time of the day when from the past couple of weeks, they have been having their coffee together and catching up on how their day has been.