Bonus Chapter

The fragrance of the flowers was spreading in the room. The candles were lit bright giving away the warmest of light. The decorations weren't extravagant, but they were put up with a lot of efforts. The lights in the living room were dimly lit. The dining table was also set up with the crockery. On the shelf nearby the dining table, there were rose petals scattered with candles placed on the side. There were also two photo frames that had their pictures giving out only love.

He went to the side of the room and roamed his eyes around the room and checked the decorations. After glancing at the room, he looked at his own self and relaxed. Heaving a sigh of relief, his lips had curled into a smile. He was wearing a full-sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up till his elbow. His hair was not jelled but were neatly combed in their usual style. The mild stubble was only just making him look more impressive and attractive.

Rudaba had gone to see her friend for tea but was about to return anytime now. So, he sat in the living room waiting for her to return so she could see all that he had planned for her. His wait wasn't long as soon he heard the main door unlock and knowing it must be her only, he quickly went to welcome her.

"Hello! You're back!"

He said as he got hold of the bags in her hand to help her come inside. She was just slightly confused at his impatient self.

"Yes, I think so."

She said with a small smile on her face.

"Acha tum idher aoe, aur ankhein band karo."

"Lekin mein aise chalungi kaise..."

"Aise chalogi. Mein hoon na sath."

He said as he got hold of her hand and gestured her to close her eyes again. She did this time. He carefully brought her around to the living room and getting closer to her ear, whispered.

"Ab ankhein kholo."

He said this and moved a step behind her. Rudaba opened her eyes and looked at the living room and the dining table with shock turning into admiration. A wide smile had appeared on her face and then a soft chuckle had left her mouth. From behind, Zain grabbed a rose that was kept on the side of the table. Coming in front of her now, he presented her with the flower.

"Happy Wedding Anniversary, wife."

Rudaba's grin had only deepened as her cheeks had turned red.

"You remembered?"

"Le. Mein nai yaad rakhta toh aur kon rakhta."

"This is all so beautiful. Thank you, Zain."

She took the rose and smiled at him. It was their first wedding anniversary. The year seemed long to them, but it had passed. They hadn't forgotten how this relationship had started but time had helped them move on. Both of them had helped each other move on. Rudaba and Zain had found their own little world in their relationship and they had their ups and downs, but they tackled them together showing to each other that they were truly committed to making this work. Rudaba was also four months pregnant so this day and this surprise couldn't have come at a better time for Zain to make her feel happy and special.

Her eyes were focused at the photo frames on the shelf. She looked at them both with love and pride in her eyes. She picked up one of them and recalled the moment. It was from the day they were making changes to their room setting. Seeing the picture, another incident came in her mind from the same day. Rudaba was trying to perfect the position of the painting hanging on the wall but Zain kept teasing her and the end result were both of them fell down on the carpeted floor, but Zain had prevented Rudaba from hurting herself by pulling her over him.