Chapter 10

The night after Albus and Scorpio return to school, Ginny and I have sex. I tried, but I just couldn't get off.

Ginny sleeps on my shoulder as I stare up at the ceiling. I used to appreciate the way she felt to me, but now?

What's wrong with me?

~

It's been another year. My thoughts of the blonde have only gotten naughtier. When I look at him now, all I can remember, is the way we pleasured each other.

"Is Draco coming today?" Hermione asks as I nod. Our weekly dinner is on Monday. Today is March 18th.

There's a knock on the door and I walk over to open it. Draco barges in, frantically "Harry, we've gotta go!"

"Why?" I ask as he paces in the entry way, messing with his hair "Draco, calm down! What's wrong?"

He stops and leans in the tell me "Terry had a heart attack." he states, before declaring "He's dead."

I stare in shock for a moment, before grabbing my jacket "Where are we going? Where's Garry at?"

"Cemetery." Draco states and we're out the door.

~

When we walk among the headstones, Draco nudges me "This way." he insists in I follow him the Garry, who sits behind Terry's headstone.

"March 13th." Garry sighs and I give a confused look "Terry died, on the day parliament pasted the same sex marriage act."

I sigh at that, before kneeling next to him "Hi Garry. Long time, no see."

He sniffles "How have you two been? Have you stayed together all this time?"

Silently, I sit next to him and Draco explains "We had to separate." Garry gives a confused look and Draco explains "We're still friends. It's just, Harry loves his wife. I loved mine, when she was still with us. Harry has three kids, I have one."

Garry messes with something in his pocket and smiles weakly "And you two are going to stay close friends?"

"Of course!" I smile and he leans into me "It'll be alright."

"It's hard, loosing your significant other." Draco sighs, before shaking his head "It's one of the hardest things I've ever had to do."

Garry sobs into my jacket pocket and he asks "Do you know what today is?" I think for a second, before he cries "France passed an act, for same-sex marriage."

"Terry would have been torn." I whisper and he gives a tired hum "He said, the country would determine where his home is. Whoever past it first." I place me hand on his shoulder "It seems fitting that Britain was his home. You're here."

He hums, before sniffling "It's not home without him." his sniffling stops and he whispers "It's so cold."

I'm about to offer my jacket, but his body goes limp and I expect he's asleep. He probably hasn't sleep since Terry died.

But then his breathing stops and I feel something hard in his pocket "Draco, he's not breathing." I state and I sit him back on the tombstone as Draco springs to his side and tries to revive him.

When I dig into his pocket, I find an empty bottle of sleeping pills. In defeat, I sit back on my heels and take in a breath "Draco?" I ask and he looks back to me "He's not going to wake up."

Draco stares in shock, before asking "You still have the resurrection stone?"

I shack my head, before explaining "I do, but it won't help him. You need to possess it when you die."

He holds out his hand and digs into his pocket to pull out a switch blade. I scream for him to stop when he slides it across his wrist. When he does the same to the other, I take the blade from him and he sighs "Give it to me?"

"No!" I hiss, reaching for my phone and dialing 999.

"999, what's the nature of your emergency?"

"My mate, he's cut himself. There's another guy who's taken a bottle of sleeping pills. We're in Mortlake Cemetery."

"Sir, is there two people hurt?"

"Yes, two people."

"Ambulance is on it's way."

I hang up and take off my jacket to wrap it around Draco's wrists "Why would you do this? You have a son!"

He shrugs, before looking to Garry "He has kids, too." he gives a weak smile "And he hasn't killed people."

"The war is over!" I hiss "We don't speak of who we had to kill during war!"

 "Harry." he whispers and I look up to him "I want this. I've wanted this for the past twenty years."

I stare at him in shock, before shaking my head "I won't let you!" I insist, before tears threaten to slip "I won't let you, throw your life away!"

He goes silent until the ambulance gets here.

~

I pace in the waiting room. The doctor said that I wasn't allowed back, until they were done stitching him up.

When Ron, Hermione, and Ginny step into the waiting room, Ron asks "The bloody hell happened?"

I shrug, before continuing with my pacing "Our friend died in front of us. He explained it in the ambulance. He was going to kill himself to give the stone to the dead man."

"Does that work?" Ginny asks and I give a doubting look "Then what would've happened to Malfoy?"

"He would have stayed dead." I state and they give a shocked look "Said he's wanted to end it for the past twenty years."

The doctor steps in and gives a weak smile "We patched him up, but we think it best to admit him to the ward."

"For one attempt?" I ask and her smile drops. Then it hits me "This wasn't his first attempt, was it?"

"Scarring on his forearm, chest, and neck suggest, at least a dozen." She replies and I set my jaw.

"His chest, do you mean like two or three gashes?" I ask and she looks to her notes, before giving a short nod "Those were from a fight, when he was seventeen."

"Yes." she writes something down "I figured that was around the time this began for him. Those seem to be the oldest scars."

I think for a moment, before sighing "We'll admit him, but may I speak to him first?"