Chapter 14

It's a week until Christmas. Scorpio and Albus will be home from their fourth Christmas break, tomorrow. James is out of school. Lily has three more years until she starts.

Currently, I sit at work, working out the kinks of a clients wedding, when Draco steps out of the lavatory "Take this from me!" he orders, handing over his pocket knife.

"Why?" I ask and he holds out his arm to show that the dark mark is completely back "When did that happen?"

"It's been happening." he states, before shaking his head "And the feeling of worms under it, are back, and they're not going away."

Instantly, I pick up my mobile and call Ginny, getting her voice mail "Hey, I'm just calling to let you know that I'm going to crash at the office. Draco isn't doing well, and I'm going to stay with him, maybe we'll go out and find him someone to take his mind off of the mark. Just swing by at ten, and we'll watch Lily while you pick up the boys. Bye."

~

The next morning, I awaken to a pounding headache. The sheets are softer than normal, and Ginny's hands are hairier than I remember.

After a sleepy second, I turn around and immediately regret whatever happened last night.

Draco Malfoy, lays naked, behind me.

I shove his face and his eyes open a peck. When he realizes what's happened, he groans and falls back "Maybe we just crawled in bed together."

I lift the covers and ask "Yeah, and you just left a used condom on, from someone else?" He looks down, before throwing his head back and covering his mouth.

With a sigh, I start to get up, but instantly lay back, because everything hurts "And I got hit with a cement truck?"

He gives a horrified look, before insisting "Harry, I'm so sorry." I glare at him and he shakes his head "So sorry."

I sigh and close my eyes "What am I going to tell Ginny?" When he doesn't respond, I spill sarcasm "Hi honey, I just got fucked for at least two hours, but I don't remember shit!"

"Two hours?" he asks and I nod "How do you know it was two hours?"

I take in a shakey breath, before explaining "My whole body is sore, Draco." I declare, before opening my eyes and motioning towards the condom "There's no way that's just one load, and there's, at least, one inside of me."

He sighs and throws himself back in bed "Well, whatever Ginny says, you've got a place here, rather it's on the couch, on in the bed." he looks to me "That is up to you."

I give a short nod, before checking the time.

It's eight. Ginny messaged me last night "Okay, be good. See you tomorrow. James just got home."

With a sigh, I toss my phone back on the nightstand and look to Draco "What do you think about this?"

He props himself up on his elbows and sighs "It doesn't matter what I think." I raise an eyebrow to him "Harry, I know you. If Ginny takes your sorry arse back, you'll jump. I won't blame you. You'd be doing what's best for your kids."

"I'm not going back to Ginny." I state and he gives a confused look "Our sex life, none existent. She would never truly forgive me."

He looks at me and lays back in bed "Well... what are you going to tell her?" he asks, rubbing his fingers over my hand.

I set my jaw and sigh "I don't know."

~

"Harry?" Ginny asks as I sit on the couch in our office. She steps in with a smile as Lily and James step in after her.

Draco sets his coffee mug down and smiles weakly "James, why don't we take Lily to the bakery?"

James seems to get it, and they head out, leaving me and Ginny alone. Once the door is shut, I sigh "Gin, can you take a seat?"

Reluctantly, she sits and we stay silent for a moment. Finally, she sighs "Harry, they're not going to be gone all day."

I press my lips into a fine line, before asking "You know how much I love you and the kids, right?"

She gives a nod, before I clear my throat "Listen, I don't remember what happened after I left you that voice message."

She give a curious look and I look to the ground "I woke up in someone else bed." I speak, somberly.

She sighs, before asking "You slept with someone else?" I lick my lips, before nodding nervously "Who?"

Instantly, I shake my head and declare "I can't tell you that." She gives an annoyed look and I declare "I'll be out of the house, by Christmas."

She rests her hand on my shoulder "Do I know this person?" I give a knowing look and she sighs "Do you love this person?"

I take my glasses off and pinch the bridge of my nose "I do. I've loved this person for years now."

She clears her throat, before asking "Did you two ever..." she goes silent, before her voice goes muddy "Did you sleep together, before last night?"

"Not while we were together." I state and she wipes a tear from her face "But yes, we have slept together, before."

She nods, before covering her face with her hands "I'm sorry, just..." I sit closer to her and she leans into me "I knew something was happening between us!"

"I'm so sorry, Ginny." I whisper, before she hugs me "I really don't know how to say it." I declare as she sniffles.

She straightens up and wipes her eyes "It's Malfoy, isn't it?" I give a weak smile and she nods "I started noticing the way you two look at each other, after he got back from hospital."

I give a sorrowful look "I don't know what to say... how are you with this? Would you kill Draco if he was in front of you, right now?"

She shakes her head, before sighing "I just want you to be happy!" Her hands rest on either cheek and she smiles "Even if you're not with me. You're the father of my children, for Merlin's name!"

With a kiss to my forehead, she backs away, before smacking my shoulder "But you've got to tell the kids!"

"I will." I give a weak smile, before watching her wipe the last of the tears "Come here." I order, before hugging her to me.

She sniffles "You will always be my best friend, Harry James Potter! No matter what you've done to me!"

I hum, before sighing "Ron is going to kill me!" she chuckles and I shrug "Or maybe he'll kill Draco."

She pulls away and checks her mobile "I need to live in a couple of minutes, but I want to speak to Draco first."

After she assures that she won't kill him, I lead her to the bakery and we're met with a very nervous Draco.

Ginny walks straight up to him and pulls him into a hug. They stand their for a long minute, and James gives me a very curious look.

Finally, Ginny pulls away and rests her hand on Draco's cheek, before stating "I'm glad it's you that he wakes up next to." just loud enough for Draco and I to hear, before stepping out of the bakery.