Chapter 15

When Ginny returns with Albus and Scorpio, Draco pulls Scorpio's trunk up the stairs as I whisper to Ginny "We'll tell the kids tonight, then we'll tell Ron and Hermione at dinner tomorrow, then your parents at Christmas."

She nods as Draco patters down the stairs and kneels in front of Lily "Okay little tiger! I'll see you tomorrow, darling!"

Lily hugs Draco and smiles "Byebye Uncle Draco!" James gives Draco a short goodbye, before taking Lily down to the car.

Once they're gone, Draco turns to me "I was thinking that I'd get a tattoo later. What should I get?"

I take his arm and examine it "Something colourful and full of life, to detract from that." I speak of the dark mark.

He thinks for a second, before declaring "I'll just ask the artist."

I smile, before asking "Would you like someone to hold your hand while you get it done?"

He rolls his eyes "Well, you know I'm a little bitch when it comes to pain." I hum and wrap my arms around his waist "It's up to you."

"Well, we're telling the kids tonight. Are you telling Scorpio?" I ask and he nods as he hangs his arms over my shoulder "We should get going."

"Merlin's beard." Ginny sighs and I look back at her "If you don't kiss him, I will." I give a confused look and she gives an annoyed one.

With a shrug, I turn back to Draco and give him a simple kiss, before releasing him and declaring "Love you."

"Love you, too." he replies, before giving Ginny a little hug and calling up the stairs "Scorpio! Come down here and help me with lunch!"

The two boys come running down the stairs and I grab Albus by the collar to stop him from chasing Scorpio "See you later, Draco."

He gives a warm smile, before leading Scorpio into the kitchen and I hear him ask "So how was the train ride?"

~

As we sit at the dinner table, our dessert plates empty, my mobile buzzes and I check it to find a message from Draco "Just told Scorpio. He's going through a bit of shock."

Silently, I put the mobile down and look to my kids "There's a bit of news that your mum and I would like to share with you."

The kids look up from their empty plates, but I find Albus stares down at his mobile "Scorpio said his dad had to tell him something, but he hasn't messaged back."

I sigh, before taking his mobile "That's actually what we need to talk about." his face goes blank and I clear my throat, before insisting "I with always love you kids, and your mum."

Ginny smiles weakly and I take her hand in mine, before announcing "Your mum and I are getting a divorce."

The kids give a shocked look, before James asks "Why? You two seem so happy!"

"We are very happy." Ginny states, before looking to me "Aren't we, Harry?"

"Yes." I nod, before explaining to the kids "But we work better as friends, rather than a married couple."

Albus frowns "So, what? Will you sleep in the spare room? Get your own flat? Will you date someone else?"

I take in a breath, before thinking of way to phrase it "That's the other half of the news. I'm, uhh..."

I take a moment, before sighing "The reason your mum and I don't work as a married couple..." they look to me curiously, before I declare "I'm in love with a man."

James nods "That'll do it." I nod and he asks "So, will you be moving in with him?"

"Yes." I state and they look at me, pushingly "I will be moving in with Draco and Scorpio Malfoy."

"Merlin's beard!" Albus whispers, before asking "Are Scorpio and I... brothers, then?"

"If you want him to be." I state, before looking to Lily, who looks very introverted "Lily, honey? What's wrong?"

She frowns "So, if you won't be living here anymore, when would you see you? Albus only has summer off, anyway."

"You'll see me whenever you want to see me." I declare, before shaking my head "And Albus already spends half his free time at the Malfoys, anyway."

"Speaking of which, can I go over to Scorpio's house later?" Albus asks as I hand over his mobile again.

I glare at him, before ordering "Ask your mother." Albus looks to Ginny, who nods, before standing up.

As she sits back down with another slice of cake, Albus smirks mischievously "Which one of you bottoms?"

"Albus Severus Potter!" I scold, causing him to snicker "That is none of your concern, and it never will be!"

He shakes his head "Ten galleons says it's Draco."

"You've got ten galleons?" I ask and he nods, before I sneer "You're about to loose them!" I declare and his face goes mortified "Yeah, get that's image out of your head!"

"Harry James Potter!" Ginny hisses and I look to her "You will watch your mouth around Lily! She doesn't need to be saying such things at school!"

~

After Lily is asleep, Albus and I crawl into the car and start towards GT'S. On the way, Albus sighs "I know what happened." I give him a questioning look and he explains "You wouldn't have left mum if you didn't hurt her." he sighs "You slept with Scorpio's dad, already, didn't you?"

"Yeah." I speak softly and he gives a weak smile "Albus, you'll learn that things never turn out the way you plan. I had been meaning to talk about this with your mother, and it just happened after the fact." he gives an understanding look and I continue "I didn't want it that way, but shit happens."

We slip into silence and he takes a minute, before asking "How did it happen to begin with?"

I set my jaw, before explaining "I think it's been happening since my first year at Hogwarts, to be frank."

"Well, when did you know that you loved him?" Albus asks as we park outside GT'S.

I turn off the car and sigh "When he left me." he gives a confused look and I state "We were a couple, twenty-five years ago. He left me, to keep me safe."

Albus looks out at the balcony to Draco's flat, before asking "Didn't you two share that flat for a while?"

"When we were together." I state and he looks to me "I guess somethings never change." he gives a weak smile, before I sigh "Shall we go in?"