Chapter 2: Egypt Pt. 2

We all stood with our team color coded mats.

"Why the heck is our mat yellow? We're no cowards." Harold complained.

"Relax sugar. The mat's gold because Team Victory is In first place." Leshawna said to Harold.

"Don't know about you guys, but I am loving Egypt" Chris said eating a bowl of grapes. "And I'm going to love it even more watching you enjoy your second challenge: the amazing camel race."

"Where are the other camels?" Harold asked.

"There are no other camels. It's a 'camel race', not a 'camels race"." Chris corrected.

Okay... but if It's just one camel, then it isn't a race. Unless we're racing against the camel. How is that fair?

"Yes!" Heather cheered.

"What?" Alejandro said shocked.

"We won last time, but they get a camel, they get a goat, and we get a stick?" Leshawna complained.

"Yeah. Shouldn't we be able to pick our rewards?" I added.

"Each reward has it's advantages. Trust me." Chris said." You'll be racing to the world's most infamous waterway... the Nile. Teams must bring their rewards all the way to the finish. You each have 60 seconds to strategize." Chris said.

Harold was swinging the stick at Ezekiel.

"On the brightside, I can use this stick to defend us from deadly sand snakes. They could be anywhere." Harold said, making the female members of the the team panic.

"No way!" Leshawna yelled, jumping onto Harold.

"Fear not. I will protect you." Harold said barely able to breath. He then poked the stick in Zeke's eye.

"Ow." Ezekiel cried as I chuckled.

DJ snatched the stick.

"Whoa. Cool it before you really hurt somebody." DJ said throwing the stick in the air.

It then hit an a segaul that happened to be flying above him. It then fell down. Yeah, I think it just died.

"Wow. Your on an animal killing streak, DJ." I said.

"First I accidental destroyed a mummified dog. Then a bird. Man, I love animals. This would've never happened back home." DJ said.

"Don't worry. I'm sure that bird was already dieing." I said patting DJ's back." Say, we could get a dog when we win." I suggested.

I picked the stick back up, since Chris said it might have some sort of use.

/Derick:" I hope DJ isn't upset about hitting the bird. I'm sure it was an accident."\

"Alright, Nile's that way." Chris said pointing." Kinda big, blue, and watery. Can't miss it, or I guess you can, but then you'll die... probably get killed by the local scarab beetles. It's mating season and they get all killy when they're in heat"

"I am glad there aren't any out here. Those things are nasty." Leshawna said.

Dude... don't jinx it.

"I'll tell them you said that." Chris said. Knocked over a vase. Scarabs came out. We all began to panic.

And... She jinxed it.

DJ jumped towards me just for me to catch him bridle style. I kinda got use to this, since it happens a lot. Which I'm completely fine with.

Gives me a closer view of his facial features. I really like his beard. Wait, why am I thinking this? We're about to die.