Chapter 8: Our first win?

Me and the whatever piece of team we have left were all sitting together. Alaejandro's team is a bit crazy.

"Being back here has some perks." Tyler said looking at Lindsay, who just realized Tyler is alive.

I sighed. What chance of winning do we have? It's just me, DJ: whose mind isn't even on the game. And Lindsay: who hardly has a mind.

Our group started a team meeting.

"I feel bad about voting off Leshanwa." DJ said."All she did was hurt Heather. I'm hurting innocent animals. How long can a curse last?"

"It might be a little while until I find a solution." I said.

"Cheer up you guys. If Tyler can come back. Anything can happen. Maybe we'll become the best team ever!" Linday said, hopefully.

"Here's the best team ever! Is exactly what I'll say when I get into the first class compartment." Chris said.

DJ sighed heavily.

"Okay! Lindsay's right! We need to be stronger! We're team Victory! We can do this!" I said.

Chris began speaking on the loud speaker.

"Brace yourselves for landing. We've arrived at our next destination! The Amazons! But the runways a little short!" Chris said."I hope none of the Amazons said that this would be good luck for them. That would be disastrous."

Wait? Did they predict good luck? Everyone knows predicting good luck causes something bad to happen. Especially on this show.

+

"Welcome to the Peru!" Chris greeted." Birth place of the Mighty river. This challenge is called the Am-AHHH-Zon Teams must hike along the Inca trail through the Peruvian jungle all the way to Macchu Pichu. Hidden somewhere among the ruins of Macchu Picchu, a golden treasure awaits discovery. Find the treasure to win first class passage to our next destination. Last team to arrive at Macchu Pichu will have to send someone out the elimination door. And be warned, the jungle many, many viscous insects." Cody's hand shot right up.

"Yes Cody, the legal department made me well aware of your deadly allergies and insisted we supply an epipen." Cody dashed up to Chris to take it, but Chris refused.

"Wouldn't make sense to give it to the person who has the allergies. What if you need an injection while your unconscious?" Chris said.

He gave Gwen the epipen. I wish Gwen luck with that.

"Also in the jungle are the Zing-Zings, a native tribe who have never encountered modern men and are not about to. So if you spot a Zing-Zing, do not make contact." Chris said.

"How far is Mucky Pigeon?" Owen asked.

"Macchu Pichu is just a hop, skip, and a jump. Plus 18 hours." Chris said as we all groaned."The jungle is too dangerous to travel at night so teams will have to break at dusk and wait to move along the trail at sunrise."

"And I assume there are no tents?" Alejandro stated.

"Correctumundo. Now, since the playing area is too dangerous. Each team will get a walkie talkie in case of emergency. Teams, I wish you good luck. Or at least, a lack of death."Chris said with an evil grin.

+

We came across two paths.

"Eenie, meenie, minie, left." Lindsay pointed.

Me and DJ shrugged and went down the left path.

"Come one guys. Let's move quickly. We can't afford to lose anymore members." I said as we dashed off. So far, we were in first place. We met up with Chris at the first meeting point.