Chapter 22: Me vs. Duncan

I woke up to the feel of DJ rubbing his hand through my hair. Wait, he was laying on me last time I checked.

So how am I laying on him? Maybe he swapped our position in my sleep.

"You awake?" I heard DJ ask me.

"Yeah. I'm awake." I said sitting up.

"Cool. I'll be right back. I gotta use the bathroom." DJ said getting up.

I sat alone, waiting for DJ to come back. I looked over to see Duncan whistling. He notice me look over.

"You got something to say?" Duncan asked, angered.

"I was just turning around." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah. You better be."

"You know what. I'm not stooping down to your idiotic thuggish, level. I'm more mature than that"

"You having to state you're mature shows you're not mature." Duncan said.

"Thug." I rolled my eyes.

"Pony brat." He chuckled.

"You know what? I'm not putting up with this." I said, storming off.

I bumped right into DJ.

"You alright man? You look pissed." DJ told me.

"Grr.... no. I'm not okay. Duncan keeps bullying me. Again! I wish we could get rid of him." I growled

"Well. We'll get rid of him and then. We'll go for Alejandro." DJ told me.

"Cool." I grinned.

+

We all[Except for Sierra and Cody] met at our next destination. Chris began his introduction.

Chris was dressed with a bald cap. Duncan burst out laughing.

"Haha, nice dress." Duncan laughed.

"At least he can pull it off. Unlike you." I said getting glare from Duncan.

"Thank you Derick. It's a traditional Massai warrior garment and it came with this." Chris said, throwing a spear towards Duncan.

Duncan dodged and said,"Woah! Watch it."

Damn it. He was so close to actually getting hit.

"Trust me, that's the least dangerous thing that will happen to you today. Welcome to the beautiful Tanzania, home of the Serengeti plains and over 70 different kinds of animals that can kill you. What is that noise?" Chris asked.

Sierra joined us with a backpack on with Cody attached to it. The backpack also had tin cans attached to the backpack. So I assume that's where all the noise came from.

"Sorry we're late." Sierra apologized.

"Better late than never." I grinned."But, um. What's with the cans?" I asked.

"Oh. I didn't have time to finish the 'Just married' banner. You like?" Sierra asked.

"Yeah. Sure." I grinned.

"Very, walking dinner bell for lions. You okay there Cody?" Chris asked.

Cody couldn't give a dignified response. He just made werid noises.

"Pure poetry guy. I can see married life is treating you well." Chris smirked.

"Due to the temporary weakened condition of my husband. I just love saying that. I'll play for the both of us." Sierra told us.