Chapter 12: Curing DJ's curse for good

Since we didn't have any fuel, we couldn't go anywhere. I was sitting on the plane.

DJ was still leaning on my back. I got up causing him to fall back.

"Ow. What was that for?" DJ said rubbing his head.

"Get up. We have work to do." I said.

/DJ:"Sheesh. Someone's bossy this morning."\

/Derick:"I found a way to get rid of DJ"s curse. I might as well get rid of it now. I actually figured it out thanks to Alejandro. Stupid jerk. Okay, he's not stupid. He's smart, and manipulative. Like Heather."\

We both got out of the plane. I seen Cody trying to get a photo while Gwen was getting staying hidden from the sun.

We were walking around the place. But not to far that we get loss.

"Okay. Why did you wake me up again?" DJ asked.

"Because. Today, we're getting rid of your animal curse." I said.

"For real? You found a way to get rid of it?"

"I think so. But it'll-" I started but got inturupted by DJ.

"OH THANK YOU!" He said pulling me into a hug lifting me up.

"Yeah. No problem" I said, hardly able to breathe.

He put me down. My face was still red.

"Okay. So how are we going to cure my curse?" DJ asked.

"Well. I can't cure it. Technically, you'll have to cure it yourself. But first, we need to find an animal." I said.

We seen a seagull in a tree.

"It's funny. Alejandro actually helped me figure out how to cure the curse." I said."Leshawna was right. The curse relys on your belief on it. It'll come for a spell or two. Then it stays if you actually believe that you're cursed. When Alejandro made you believe you weren't cursed, the curse was gone, right?"

"Well, yeah."

"So. If you believe that you don't have the curse, it'll be gone. Now, I want you to go pick up that seagull."

"But, my curse. What if-"

"You're still saying 'my curse' as if It's a part of you. You can't believe that It's there. Think of how you were in season one with bunny." I said.

He sighed and walked over to the seagull. So far, so good. Nothing was happening.

"Ha! Maybe my curse really is gone." DJ said

Suddenly a boulder came out of nowhere, crushing the seagull.

"NOOOOO!"DJ cried.

I sighed.

"Okay. Maybe if I demonstrate, maybe you can get an idea." I grinned.

DJ'S POV

I watched Derick hold out one of his fingers and a bird land perfectly on his finger.

He whistled a tune, and the bird mimicked it.

I watched his black hair blow in the wind. The way his blue eyes shined in the sunlight.

I watched in amazement. He had a nice soft smile on his face. He picked up a bunny and tossed it to me.

"Just hug the bunny, Deej. Maybe it'll get rid of the curse." Derick grinned

I hugged the bunny with no thought of the curse. Nothing bad happened to it.

Derick's POV

"It's gone." DJ said.

"The curse, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. The bunny isn't harmed."

"Yes! I knew you could do it, Deej! Now we can finally focus on winning!" I cheered.

DJ picked me up, hugging me.

"Wait a minute, where's Irene?" DJ asked.

Turns out he lost Irene when we were doing the previous challenge. Rest in peace Irene, I guess.

We headed back into loser class. I was still working on DJ's shirt. Me and Alejandro were glaring at each other.

Annoying jerk tried to kill me.

/Derick:"I really have to watch my back. That guy is no joke. If it wasn't for my fanbase, I would've been eliminated. I'll make sure he pays. I thought Heather was bad. All she'll do is get under your skin, but he sent us flying into a tree. Who knows what would've happened if that branch didn't crash our fall."\

DJ came back, still upset about Irene. I patted DJ on his back.

"Don't worry DJ. Irene is in a better place now." I said.

I may have not been to fond of the fish, but DJ was. Okay fine, I admit. I was slightly jealous of the fish.

I mean seriously. He kissed a fish before even kissing me.

But it didn't deserve to die. I blame Chris for his loss. I wrapped my arms around DJ. I think it helped a little.

"Don't worry. We'll win for your mom and Irene." I grinned.

"Okay. Partner." DJ grinned back.

/DJ:"Okay. I know there's only two of us left on our team. But I think we have a shot of winning. I mean, Derick got pretty far first season. And probably would've gotten far if I didn't get him eliminated last season."\

/Derick:"I know I got this. How do I know? Well, I don't have to beat the both teams. I have to make sure me and Deej last long enough until the teams merge. You see how team Amazon is. Courtney and Heather will probably eliminate each other. If I can get rid of Alejandro, I can win."\