Chapter 21: Almost lost in China

Derick's POV

Last thing I remember is that I fell asleep to DJ cradling me in his arms. I felt a huge hand ruffling through my hair.

It was so soft and comforting. I closed my eyes to the nice comforting feel. Wait, I'm not laying down on the cold hard ground. It feels familiar. Like, I layed on this before. Maybe like, last challenge.

Man, I hate waking up. My mind is too tired to think. What did I lean my head on last challenge that was soft, comfortable, and cuddly.

I traced my mind back to last challenge when DJ was carrying me yesterday. I remember leaning my head on his chest yesterday.

So, wait. Does this mean I'm laying my head on...

"Morning D." I heard in a voice I know too well. And only one person here calls me D. I quickly got up.

"D-DJ? H-hi. Um, was I?" I started.

"You fell asleep in the cargo hold, and I felt you need a good night sleep. So, how was it? Did you sleep well." DJ asked

"Um..." I started.

/Derick:" He cuddled me without even asking me! Is this a good sign? I'm gonna go tell Big O!" *gasps and realizes that Owen is gone* "I can't. He's gone. And It's all Alejandro's fault. I'm gonna make sure he pays. But anyways, back to the original topic-"\

/DJ:" The poor dude seemed really sad yesterday. I needed to help him. "\

/Derick:" It felt so nice sleeping with him. His hands were so soft. I love how his hands felt ruffling through my hair. It makes me feel so safe and secure. And don't get me started on his hugs-"\

/DJ:"I hope the dude feels better soon."\

/Derick:" It's like getting a big hug from a friendly bear. But one that won't scratch you or eat you alive while hugging it."\

"I slept well." I said slowly, blushing.

"Good. Glad I could help." DJ grinned, ruffling my hair.

/DJ:" It feels good helping Derick. He doesn't seem to be so happy. Especially after the news Chris gave him. Plus Owen's departure. He was one of his only friends. But Derick will feel better sooner or later. I got a good feeling about it. If he can make me happy, I'm sure I can do the same for him."\

I was snacking on the pretzels that DJ got me out of first class. Luckily Duncan isn't here. Since him and Courtney are in first class.

It's basically all lovers down here. Sort of... Heather and Alejandro have a love, hate relationship.

Sierra and Cody... yeah, wouldn't really call what the have love.

Me and DJ... I wouldn't know how to describe us. I mean, we're not dating but we're not exactly your normal every day best friends. We're more than that... I think.

+

We landed and Chris began his introduction.

"Ni hao. Welcome to China. A vast country with ancient history, culture, innovation, and delicious sauces. Our first challenge is torn from the pages of a rich history. In 8 billion B.C. king Dimsun led a retaliation of donkey warriors down this very great wall."

"8 million b.c was the Miocene era. There were dinosaurs! " Courtney said.

"Yeah, what she said. We've provided a selection of vehicles to race to our next destination. First come, first served. It's the Chinese way. Ready. Set.." Chris was about to tell us to go but the phone inturupted him. "I better get this. Mclain here. Yeah, I'm trying to host a show here."