Chapter 20: The Cargo hold?

DJ's POV

I felt my head laying on a soft pillow. Or, it wasn't a pillow. Just something really soft. It feels so nice. What is this anyway?

I sat up and seen Derick laying on his back, with his hands on his head for support. I was using Derick's chest as a pillow? I fell asleep on him... again?

I walked over to the bathroom for a confessional.

/DJ:"You know. I never notice 'till now. I sleep with Derick... a lot. Like, a lot. He's been acting really strange lately. Is it something I did, or maybe.... I don't know."\

Derick's POV

I felt a head lifting off of my chest. I seen DJ walking some where.

"DJ? Where's he going?" I whispered to myself.

I took off my gloves[That for some odd reason I forgot to take off before going to sleep] and followed DJ.

The plane looks pretty dark when it's night. I waited for DJ outside the confessional.

+

Eventually he came out.

"Hey. DJ?" I asked.

But, like in season one I startled him... again. He started screaming.

"DJ! It's just me!" I informed but he kept screaming. I grabbed his face and lowered his head to mine."Derick!" I yelled.

"Dude! What did I tell you about scaring me in the middle of the night?"

"Sorry. I followed you... again. But I wanted to talk to you."

"In the middle of the night? It's that urgent? "

"Well. I guess. But I thought now would be a good time since everyone is sleep."

"Okay. What about?" DJ asked.

"Okay. First, I want a snack. Follow me." I said

We quitely snuck around the plane. We seen Chef, guarding an entrance. That is the entrance to first class.

"Okay DJ. Here's the game plan. I will distract Chef and you will go in and get pretzel chips for me. And whatever you want to get yourself. After that, I need you to meet me in the cargo hold." I grinned.

"Is that your favorite spot in the plane?"DJ asked. Me.

"Yep. you know me too well." I smirked.

I walked over to Chef.

"So. Chef. I see you're not capable of beating Izzy in hand to hand combat. You know I even beat you once. During the 'I Triple Dog Dare you' challenge" I smirked."Me and Izzy even crash landed on you from the ceiling during the 'Hide and seek' challenge. Good times." I said.

"What game are you playing here, boy?" He asked.

"None. Except this." I said, snatching Chef's chef hat.

I quickly dashed off and Chef began chasing me.

"HEY! GET BACK HERE STUPID BOY!" Chef yelled at me while chasing me.

I kept running. He was on my tail. I quickly switched directions but I eventually ran out of space to run.

"End of the line, kid." Chef snickered.

"Fine. You win." I said, dropping his hat.

Truth is I wasn't trying to out run him. I just needed to stall him long enough until DJ got the stuff out of first class. Which, I did do.

Unfortunately for Chef, he didn't know that.

+

I then waited in the cargo hole.

"Where is he?" I asked myself, tapping my foot with my arms crossed.

DJ then walked in with the snacks.

"Nice work." I grinned opening the pretzels.

"Now. Would you please tell me what you wanted to talk about?" DJ asked me.

"Well. Chris told me something."

"What did Chris tell you?"

"Well. He told me that my grandmother his in the hospital. And I'll have to use my half of the million to save her." I said slowley.

"Oh. Is that all? I mean, if we win. We're splitting the money anyways. So we'll have more than enough to help her."

"I mean, I'm worried. Who knows how long this game will last. The longer this game lasts, the longer my grandmother has to wait. What if she dies before I can even get the money?" I asked.

"Well. Just hope for the best, D." DJ said, patting my shoulder.

"How can I look for the best? Everything always works against me. Nothing works for me. When ever I hope for something good to happen, it always goes bad. I'm gonna lose her." I said. "She's taught me everything I know"

I felt my eyes starting to water. DJ looked at me with an upset worried concerned look on his face. I literally burst out crying.

"I'm sorry D. You won't lose her. We'll win. And we'll get your Grandmother the money for she can get healed." DJ said, pulling my head into his chest.

I wrapped my arms around his back. He then wrapped his arms around my head. I looked up at DJ. And he looked down at me.

"Thanks. DJ. You're always here when I need you the most." I said.

"Don't worry. Everything will turn out okay in the end, you'll see."

DJ picked me up bridle style and cradled me like a baby. He slowley rocked me back and forth. I fell asleep in his arms.

DJ's POV

"Poor guy. Needs all the rest he can get" I quitely said.

Derick's eyes were still damp from crying. I wiped one of his tears from his eyes. I carried him back to where all the non-winners section of the plane was.

I layed him down on the ground. He looks peaceful sleeping. I layed down next to him. I put his head on my chest.

I felt him wrap his arms around me. I smiled and ruffled my hands through his hair and fell asleep.

Okay. I know that was very short, but I wanted to add something a little extra.

Tell me what you think. Was it too much? Too little? Be honest. I like hearing from my readers.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

And with that, we end another chapter. Goodbye.

♡♡