Arc 1.2 - The general my lover

" My lady, you are as beautiful as a rose. Your mother would be proud." The maid said, bowing as she opened the door for the girl to leave her room.

Indeed, Amelia looked beautiful. She would not deny it. Her rare golden locks, loose in a dance of waves, two strands of hair lightly twisted, as it homed a beautiful set of diamonds and strands of gold, that only enhanced her already entrancing hair. Dressed in a long purple dress, that although simple, added to her beauty and showed off her status. Purple was a colour that few could sport, wearing in such long and full clothing showed that she was not a simple girl. Her wrist contained a thin diamond bracelet and her neck showed a bright green emerald. Her waist, because of the tiny measurement was freed from the painful corset. Her stomach however, grumbled as she had not eaten anything for the entire day.

Closing both her hands on her waist, she wondered if those measurements were even maintainable. She looked like a doll, and that creeped her out a bit sometimes, when she passed too fast by a mirror.

Going downs stairs, Amelia stared at both man who could only smile.

"You look beautiful, my daughter." Her father said as she approached. "Unfortunately, this is a lady's only ball, so me and your brother will stay home. Once you are ready to leave, you can."

"I will be back soon father." She said, before leaving to the carriage.

"Take care." He whispered.

"I will."

Going inside the carriage, Amelia looked outside the window, trying to remember the way out of the freakish maze that resided outside her residence.

Once in close view of the palace, Amelia felt a weird feeling in her gut.

"Host, this is Amelia's first time at a ball, she is nervous."

"So this body can control these kinds of things." She said, looking to herself. "That is troublesome. And how is the ball going, has the prince been smitten by anyone?"

"No, host. The prince is actually surround by woman, and he seems annoyed."

Rolling her eyes Amelia wasn't surprised.

"Cliché."

Looking to the tiny pearl on her hand, she quickly put it in her pocket. Good thing, people at his place took a liking to pockets, wearing a purse just so she could carry a single pearl was too much.

"Host, be carefull not to lose the pearl."

"System, be careful not to let me lose it. If it falls off, you must tell me, or else we will be stuck at his crappy story for a century." She said, crossing her legs, an evil smile on her face.

"Host is too much." It cried.

"My lady, we have arrived. " The man said, as the carriage stopped. Being helped out of it, Amelia was amazed, the castle was beautiful. Something out of a movie. She remembered coming here once, in her infancy. When her father still allowed her to come out of the house, before her mother fell ill and she was forced to seclude herself inside the mansion. She used to come play with the first prince, the brother of her now fiancée. If she could remember from the story, that same man became insane once she married the general and attempted to kidnap her, getting killed by one of her maids, who in the end was sent to prison for obvious reasons. In her mind, Amelia could only think. She was married to a general, and the one who saved her was a maid. Then what was the use for those muscles if he never used it?

"Romance writers are something else, aren't they?" She told the system.

As one foot landed on the floor, the other quickly came by. As the woman's slim figure fully came out of the carriage, the Mary Sue halo quickly acted up. Reaching the full door of the entrance, the music changed, to one of a brighter rhythm. As both big golden doors opened, all looks wondered at the beautiful girl.