Arc 2.13 - Boss, make me your wife

With the faint sunlight that came out from the window, Veronica opened her eyes, because of the Jetlag, she had been careful when taking her pills, so she could sleep better. Rolling to the side, she felt a warm body next to her, his hand holding her waist carefully while his breathing was slow and steady as he slept soundly.

Staring at the handsome face of her husband, she was careful not to wake him up when she lightly approached the warmth of his arms, lightly caressing his back. He was probably very tired. Although they had arrived home pretty early, he had drunk quite a bit last night.

Probably because of the effects of the plot, Yonho when drunk was extremely cheesy. After she had come back from the bathroom, he had stuck to her side like glue, almost as if afraid she would leave.

As the man opened his eyes, Veronica softly combed his hair with her fingers, a pretty smile surfacing her face.

"Good morning." she whispered, placing a light kiss on his face. "Are you thirsty?"

Seeing him grunt, frowning his forehead, Veronica assumed he was probably very hungover.

"I will bring you some water." She spoke, taking her feet out of the covers to take the water bottle she had left at the little table at the room.

Just as Veronica placed her feet on the cold ground, she felt her waist being hugged, the warmth from Yonho's hands giving a pleasant sense of comfort. Turning to remove his hand that now was placed right on top of her abdomen, veronica felt a quick kick, that was light, yet, since her skin was so thin, clearly visible.

Sensing the sudden movement, Yonho was quick to get up.

"Was that?" He asked excitedly. Seeing as Veronica nodded her head with a gentle smile, he approached it, placing a kiss. "So it's true. They can recognize us."

Kissing her lips, Yonho couldn't contain his smile.

"Of course she does. She is a part of you." Veronica said with a beautiful smile.

For a second, Yonho's smile faltered.

"Are you hungry?" He asked getting out of bed. Stumbling a bit as his feet touched the floor.

"Whoa, are you okay?" Veronica gave her hand to support him. Pushing her hand away, Yonho nodded with a soft smile.

"Yes, guess the alcohol is still in my system." He said walking away, leaving a confused Veronica behind.

Watching her husband's figure walked away. Veronica sighed, throwing herself back in bed. There was definitely something going on.

"System." Veronica called faintly inside her head, although she knew that she was most likely to not receive a single answer as always, she still insisted on being ignored. However, just as she had gotten up, she felt a familiar feeling.

"Host." The system replied. Its mechanical voice as emotionless as ever.

"System! You're here." She exclaimed loudly inside her head. Yet with a quick second, all the excitement in her body vanished. "You little bleach!"

Expecting for the voice to answer in its usual defensive manner, Veronica was frustrated as a simple beep came as the answer. Well, at least it had answered.

"System, please clear things out." Veronica asked, her voice clearly annoyed.

"What does host wish to hear?" The mechanical voice answered, frustrating Veronica even more.

"If you had been here before, you would know." She answered pouting, perhaps it was a bad idea to fight when pregnant, the hormones freaked her out sometimes.

Hearing a stringent beep in her mind, Veronica had to hold her temples and breath. What the plum was that?

"System!" Veronica protested again, it had all started with the accident. Perhaps she had truly died back then and now she was having to live in the book without a system. "Oh, is this hell?" She grunted.

"No, host is in the 'Boss, make me your wife' book." The system answered her.

Massaging her temples, Veronica reminded herself to calm down, this would be very bad for the baby. Feeling as if a spark of an idea had flourished in her mind, she had an idea.

"System, could you please read me the plot of the story?" She asked in a sweet voice.

"As host wishes." It said, the mechanical voice turning into a sweet female storyteller, closing her eyes, Veronica laid back in bed as the images flashed through her eyes.

At the kitchen, opening the fridge, Yonho's eyes couldn't believe what he was seeing, the number of sweets that filled it were enough to make his sixpack shake. Looking around, his eye lit up as he stared at his favourite dish. How did his wife know about it? Not even Yerin knew about it to recommend to her. Who was it that tipped his wife over such a secret thing about himself?

Taking it out and plating, he didn't even bother to wait for his wife, when he took hold of himself he had already devoured a whole piece of the four-piece pie. Setting the breakfast table, he did a few pushups as the coffee got ready, he remembered pregnant woman was not allowed to have caffeine, so he spared a banana mil for his wife. He needed to clear his mind. Hearing some rustling, he got up from the floor and brushed off his tiredness. Seeing his wife get out of the room in her white camisole, he felt himself coming back to his senses. She was his wife, he should not be so warry of her.

"I placed some breakfast, do you want toast or rice?" He asked, turning around and facing Veronica. His eyebrow knitting right after, noticing how pale she had gotten. "Is everything alright? Do you need anything?"

Approaching Yonho, Veronica shook her head in denial, placing a light kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you." Sitting down, she drank a few sips of water as she watched her husband fry some eggs. "Honey, Kim Soo called, she asked if I could have dinner with her today."

Turning around, Yonho faced his wife, one brow lifted.

"I thought we were having dinner with my parents today." He spoke, he had never been a big fan of Kim Soo.

"We're having lunch with them, and it's been a while since I have last seen her." Veronica spoke quietly. "So I said yes."

Sighing, Yonho placed the eggs in his plate. Placing a light kiss on top of her head.

"Okay. Guess it will be a boys night tonight."

Placing a light kiss on his lips, Veronica smiled.

"Thank you." She spoke, sitting back down to eat breakfast, she was starving. Staring at the pie she had craved all night long, her smile quickly vanished as she stared at Yonho in disbelief. "You ate my pie?" 

----------------------

Thank you for reading, 

Till next Friday,

Stay Safe, Stay home!

BLM