Arc 2.15 - Boss, make me your wife

"We are here ma'am" The driver spoke.

Getting out of the car, Veronica's presence was quickly noticed. It had already been weeks since she had come to Koran, and her pregnancy had already developed enough for her stomach to be noticed. Wearing a prototype from her to be released pregnancy line, she looked stunning.

The healthy glow on her cheeks making her complexion even more beautiful than normal. Since she had visited Kim Soo's house, somethings had become clear to the readers of the story. Number one, Yonho had a past romance everyone but herself were aware of. Also, a secret he had yet to reveal, which made Veronica distance herself from him. The days had been more business-focused, while Veronica made the story develop on her own.

Doing a few things here a few things there, it was actually tiring to carry the whole plot on her back.

Taking a deep breath, Veronica could only remember the episode in Mi Soo's house. Now she would finally face Yonho's friends again. She needed to focus on the necessary.

As if Mi Soo's words echoed in her head, Veronica felt her pressure lower.

"He found out the boy wasn't his son."

Back there, Veronica could feel her body tremble with the news. Although the system already knew, the body didn't and she could feel the effects from it.

"What?" Veronica asked, her body petrified.

"Chung Seohyun's child was the fruit from cheating. But since Yonho had bank, she convinced him that it was his for the longest. One day, Seohyun's baby daddy recognised her on the street and they argued loudly. Word got to Yonho's mother and she bribed Seohyun's doctor for a DNA test. Turns out the baby wasn't Yonho's. It was a whole scandal. Because Seohyun was blackmailing both Yonho and his parents, since it would be the first boy in the family. After that Seohyun married her son's father and Yonho has not dated ever since."

Just remembering that, Veronica bit her lower lip. Well, at least there were no chances her daughter was not Yonho's. In this life, Yonho was the only person she had sex with. But she could understand how that would be problematic.

But now, there she was, in front of her in-law's house, ready to get thrown into a beast's nest. Better known as Afternoon tea.

Seeing as her husband was already there waiting for her, Veronica smiled.

"Was I too late? The doctor kept me for a few more exams today." She asked, as her husband placed a kiss under her eye.

"Is everything alright?" Yonho asked.

"Yes, but I think I will have to supplement a few more things. Where's Hikari?"

"He's playing with the other kids." Yonho said grabbing her hand as they walked inside. "But is everything really alright?"

Nodding her head, Veronica gave a sweet smile.

"Yes, I think I'm just really tired lately."

"You should take a break from work." Yonho said. Looking at his wife, he could only sigh. It was not like he didn't know the workaholic he had married. "If you want to, we could go home right now."

Shaking her head, Veronica denied, leaning her head on Yonho's arm, she closed her eyes as they kept walking. The Park residence was really large.

"No, today is an important day. Your mother worked really hard to make it happen." She whispered. "Today is the day we announce to your friends about our little Jisoo. If I get tired I will just excuse myself to rest or something."