Arc 2.4 -Boss, make me your wife

In a big house, a small child with a book on his hands. Although his age was little, the book he read was advanced. 'How to manage a company and manipulate people' was the title of the book. His eyes never averting from the words written, his hands agile, while flipping the pages as he devoured the book.

"Good morning." A woman said at the door calmly. A small frown on her face. "You stood up all night reading? Again?"

Shaking his head in denial, he closed the book. Getting up from his king sized bed, the boy got out, putting his slippers on, and going towards his mom.

"No, I read yesterday at night and today I put an alarm to finish reading when I woke up."

Patting her kid's head. Veronica was out of words. Whose child was this?

"You grew up too fast." She said worrying, giving a kiss on top of his head. "Let's go, have breakfast. After, you can come finish it."

Grabbing his mother's hand they proceeded to walk down the stairs.

"I have already finished. I need to buy another."

Having one idea. Veronica smiled.

"Why instead of reading from non successful people you don't come to the company with me? You are on Holliday now, you can learn from up close if you are so interested. "

Seeing his eyes sparkle, Veronica gave a little laugh.

"Really? I always wanted to go watch you do your job"

"Really? Never thought you liked business so much."

Shaking his head, The boy denied once more.

"Business? I mean manipulating people." He said, looking at the big carrot cake downstairs.

"Cake." He screamed running down.

"Hikari, don't run." She screamed, following right after. This child was really something else.

Sitting down, she saw as the child placed his napkin on his lap, straightening his back in cute little wiggles. Without realising she was falling for his cuteness.

"Mommy, give me cake. Please." He said, extending his plate. The previous week he had learned about manners from a book he read, and since then he has acted the most proper way possible.

Taking the plate into her own hands, she cut a piece of the carrot cake. Since she was not born from riches, Veronica had no such requirements, such as being served. And did not bring her child up to be too pampered, especially since she feared the child to grow spoiled. Luckily, Hikari was very sweet and well behaved, even amongst adults. He was patient, kind and intelligent. Everything Veronica could proudly say was her doing. Since In the original novel, the child would grow up to be too stuck up, leaving the Male lead to despise the villain even further.

"Did you wash your hands?" She asked holding the plate in front of her chest and away from the boy.

"No." He said, looking down ashamed.

Feeling a pain in her heart, Veronica gave the plate to him.

"Go wash quickly." She said, as the boy climbed down from his chair and ran towards the bathroom.

Taking a piece of the cake to herself, along with a bowl of berries she started eating.

Today was the second day of the deal. Perhaps he had lost interest. Although Veronica worried a bit about the love interest, she didn't feel lonely at all. It could be due to the fact that she herself was busy most of the time, or that she had the small child to keep her company. She even wondered where she would fit the love story in her right schedule.