Arc 2.10 - Boss, make me your wife

Receiving a light push on her shoulder Veronica woke up. Staring at the child who smiled at her, she extended her arm to pat his head. Sitting on the bed, it took a while for her to discern where she was. Staring at the window, Veronica noticed she was surrounded by clouds, the daylight still daylight just as she had gotten out from when she entered the private jet. The sickness motion medicine she had taken had left her sleepy, allowing the woman to sleep through the entire trip. Getting up, she realised, it had been a while since she had slept so well.

Going to her seat. Veronica drank the water her son gave her as the plane landed.

The airport was very crowded when they arrived. As an influential public figure, Veronica didn't bother as the line of paparazzi took pictures of her as she entered the country. Walking hand in hand with Hikari, Veronica tried to peek at the chauffeur, her view site small as the security was tight around her.
Apparently winning best humanitarian five consecutive times made you an A list celebrity, known by even the less cultured. Which led her to always need security.

That single fact always made Veronica rise a brow, after all, if she was so famous and so successful, how was it that she sunk to the bottom in the original story? It made no sense.
Still, bad plot aside, in this reality, the amount of attention she gathered was irritating.

Finding the elder driver at the entrance. Veronica followed his lead towards the car.

"Mr.Jung-Hoon, do you know if any good café's? We are kind of hungry." Veronica asked the driver, her speech with a light accent to it, yet very polite. Bringing a smile to the old man's lips.

"No need to be so polite. I have known young master Yonho since he was a kid. I consider him a son. I will be taking you to Young master's favourite café."

"Thank you." Veronica gave one of her soft smiles, she was entering his world now. It was thrilling yet nerve-racking.

She and Yonho had dated for a short while. They never even exited the rumour honeymoon phase and a although they overstated a lot in their conversations, they had only a one view perspective.  Ever since they had gotten married, Veronica has become more interested in her husband's life outside of his perspective. Yet what she had found was suspicious.

He didn't really have rumours surrounding him. It was all squeaky clean. Manipulated. She could have thought that perhaps her husband was just this perfect. But she wasn't an idiot.

Although she had given the benefit of the doubt, it took one conversation with Kim Soo to realise there was more to it than what was showing at the surface and Veronica didn't fear the unknown.

"How was Yonho like when he was younger?" Veronica struck conversation.

Delighted by her question, the old man was excited as he started his storytelling. Every story filled with details, almost as if he had been dying to tell them. As they finally arrived at the café,  Veronica had gathered a bit of information.

According to the driver, Yonho had always been a reserved man, always work centred and very responsible. He was a great student, always top of his class, had many friends although he barely brought them home and was quite the workaholic. All things which Veronica knew of, but it was always great to confirm. When Yonho was 16 he broke his leg in a fight when protecting his best friend, who was quite the trouble maker. At 21 he had a shoulder injury from falling of a horse. Yonho was very athletic, he used to play basketball when he was younger and even competed in highschool, which led to a scholarship he never pursued. Still, every once in a while he still played. Yonho was allergic to cats, which led to him moving out of the house when he was 20, once his mother bought a pet tiger. He didn't party very often, but he still got out for drinks with his friends from time to time. One of his best friends owned a famous club in the city. But it had been months since he had last gone out, which led the driver to conclude that he and the best friend fought. Which was not the case, since Yonho was invited to the best friend's birthday the next week. So the driver concluded it was because of Veronica.